Business studies
Religious studies
Sociology
Shadowdraconis
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Are you thinking of going to uni, if so what course do you intend to do? and also what sort of career are you going towards?
Janej77
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Taking business too!
Yologeorge123
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Shadow_12)
Are you thinking of going to uni, if so what course do you intend to do? and also what sort of career are you going towards?
Hopefully a business degree at a uni and prospects of a job in management or even a business owner
Getting Banned
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Yologeorge123)
Business studies
Religious studies
Sociology
Not really attracted to these subjects 4/10 wouldn't smash.
Shadowdraconis
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hopefully a business degree at a uni and prospects of a job in management or even a business owner
Ok, yeah i think they go well together especially if you enjoy them all
MrMoment
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think you should try to do at least 1 (preferably 2) facilitating A levels, such as history or maths - perhaps in place of RS.

The three you have listed are on the softer end of the spectrum, which isn't necessarily a problem as long as you are aware.

Good luck!!
Yologeorge123
Rep:
?
(Original post by MrMoment)
I think you should try to do at least 1 (preferably 2) facilitating A levels, such as history or maths - perhaps in place of RS.

The three you have listed are on the softer end of the spectrum, which isn't necessarily a problem as long as you are aware.

Good luck!!
Thanks but do you think that my A levels would get me in to a business management course in somewhere like Brighton who require BBB
Yologeorge123
Rep:
?

Good luck!!
Also I am not looking at joining a really prestigious university so do u think my options are good enough
MrMoment
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Also I am not looking at joining a really prestigious university so do u think my options are good enough
Quite possibly, but I still think you should take at least 1 facilitating A levels, probably in place of RS (or Sociology, but not Business).

For example, for a BSc in Business Management at Swansea Uni (BBB - BBA):

The top two A level combinations in previous years:

-Business, English Lit, History
-Business, Psychology, Geography

If you really feel you cannot do a facilitating A level then don't, but I would highly recommend to do 1 or more.

Facilitating A levels:
Spoiler:
Show
  • Mathematics and Further Mathematics.
  • English Literature.
  • Physics.
  • Biology.
  • Chemistry.
  • Geography.
  • History.
  • Languages (Classical and Modern)
Yologeorge123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Janej77)
Taking business too!
What are you taking
Yologeorge123
Rep:
?
Quite possibly, but I still think you should take at least 1 facilitating A levels, probably in place of RS (or Sociology, but not Business).

For example, for a BSc in Business Management at Swansea Uni (BBB - BBA):
L

The top two A level combinations in previous years:

-Business, English Lit, History
-Business, Psychology, Geography

If you really feel you cannot do a facilitating A level then don't, but I would highly recommend to do 1 or more.

Facilitating A levels:
Spoiler:
Show
  • Mathematics and Further Mathematics.
  • English Literature.
  • Physics.
  • Biology.
  • Chemistry.
  • Geography.
  • History.
  • Languages (Classical and Modern)
I'm thinking of swapping sociology for history. Do you think they would be stronger options
Janej77
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What are you taking
Business studies, further maths, maths, chemistry and biology. Have to take 5 cos I really want to take further maths.
Yologeorge123
Rep:
?
Business studies, further maths, maths, chemistry and biology. Have to takedd 5 cos I really want to take further maths.
Those a levels are very good but do you think me taking history, RS and business studies is impressive. Also is history for sociology is a better choice.
Janej77
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Those a levels are very good but do you think me taking history, RS and business studies is impressive. Also is history for sociology is a better choice.
I think history is a better choice. U might find it easier to learn history if u got history gcse than sociology. TBH, history, business and sociology sounds pretty good as well. RS doesn't seem to have a very close connection with ur goal.
Yologeorge123
Rep:
?
I think history is a better choice. U might find it easier to learn history if u got history gcse than sociology. TBH, history, business and sociology sounds pretty good as well. RS doesn't seem to have a very close connection with ur goal.
Do you think history RS and business would be good though
Janej77
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Do you think history RS and business would be good though
It sounds alright to me though u could take some subjects more related to what u want to do in the future. However, if those are the subjects u feel u re gonna do well in, then go ahead. It all depends on u.
My opinion cannot represent urs. Subjects that seem to be good for me doesn't mean it would sound good for u. I went against my mum by choosing to take further maths which forced to me to do 5 a levels cos she did not see the point of taking further maths when there is maths already. I am about to start sixth form next week and I know that it doesn't matter how hard my a levels will be, I won't regret my options.
Don't make urself regret ur options.
Yologeorge123
Rep:
?
It sounds alright to me though u could take some subjects more related to what u want to do in the future. However, if those are the subjects u feel u re gonna do well in, then go ahead. It all depends on u.
My opinion cannot represent urs. Subjects that seem to be good for me doesn't mean it would sound good for u. I went against my mum by choosing to take further maths which forced to me to do 5 a levels cos she did not see the point of taking further maths when there is maths already. I am about to start sixth form next week and I know that it doesn't matter how hard my a levels will be, I won't regret my options.
Don't make urself regret ur options.
According to which and many other unis business courses often dont require specific a levels but some do require facilitating subjects
Janej77
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
According to which and many other unis business courses often dont require specific a levels but some do require facilitating subjects
Then do some facilitating subjects and some subjects that interests u
stoyfan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Business studies, further maths, maths, chemistry and biology. Have to take 5 cos I really want to take further maths.
You are taking way too many.

You only need 3 A levels.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (418)
43.86%
No (99)
10.39%
I'm not old enough (436)
45.75%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise