Serious help needed for french gcse! Plz help! Watch

Ello32
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I choose my GCSE's and i needed to choose a language so i choose french, the thing is i haven't done ANY french, whilst basically all of the class knows a lot of french. Im in yr 9 n im aiming to get a B in french. Any revision tips and tips in general to help me with it? Plz n ty!
MrMoment
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Get Quizlet or memrise! At GCSE I don't think it's too grammar strict, therefore by learning the vocab for your course you can ace it. I'd recommend using those apps to find quick quizzes and courses to spend 10 minutes a day on to learn your vocab.

Good luck!
Ello32
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by MrMoment)
Get Quizlet or memrise! At GCSE I don't think it's too grammar strict, therefore by learning the vocab for your course you can ace it. I'd recommend using those apps to find quick quizzes and courses to spend 10 minutes a day on to learn your vocab.

Good luck!
Ok ty so much. Im starting on Monday so i'll try and remember as much as possible. ty
BelveyBoy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Our teacher recommended Duolingo. It's a really great app that covers a variety of topics in French and sends daily reminders to revise each topic. By completing the tasks daily, you will be able to improve vocabulary etc, really quickly.
tues
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi I suggest to not worry as I also didn't know much French up until year 10 and managed to get an A overall
I really second using quizlet as it's simple yet effective and make sure to memorise the vocab list as it helps tremendously on the reading paper and also to have a good relationship with your teacher as that really helped me during the lessons!

Also past papers is a must and track your progress each time you sit a paper
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (158)
59.18%
No I haven't decided yet (63)
23.6%
Yes but I might change my mind (46)
17.23%

Watched Threads