TigerTiger7
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
My firm place was originally to study History at Oxford, but on results day I ended up with a B in History, but was accepted to King's College London regardless, which was my insurance.
Nevertheless I requested a re-mark for two out of three of my History exam components, and now I am only 3 marks off of an A. I called Oxford to notify them of this and they told me to enrol at King's, but get a re-mark for the other exam that I did well in (A*), just to see if I could scrape the 3 marks from there, and that if I successfully got re-marked to an A, they would still make every effort to accommodate me at Oxford. We requested the priority re-mark today, but it usually takes up to a week or two to process.
The issue that I have is my student loan. It is registered to pay my tuition fees to Oxford in October, and I do not know whether to correct it to King's or not, since the re-mark might result in me going to Oxford after all. But it takes up to 6 weeks to process a change in my student loan, and since it is not 100% certain which university I am still going to yet, I am not sure whether to leave it until I know for sure if I am going to Oxford, or to change it to Kings to avoid being late with my payments, and potentially being suspended?
Thank you so much
Chris SFE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by TigerTiger7)
My firm place was originally to study History at Oxford, but on results day I ended up with a B in History, but was accepted to King's College London regardless, which was my insurance.
Nevertheless I requested a re-mark for two out of three of my History exam components, and now I am only 3 marks off of an A. I called Oxford to notify them of this and they told me to enrol at King's, but get a re-mark for the other exam that I did well in (A*), just to see if I could scrape the 3 marks from there, and that if I successfully got re-marked to an A, they would still make every effort to accommodate me at Oxford. We requested the priority re-mark today, but it usually takes up to a week or two to process.
The issue that I have is my student loan. It is registered to pay my tuition fees to Oxford in October, and I do not know whether to correct it to King's or not, since the re-mark might result in me going to Oxford after all. But it takes up to 6 weeks to process a change in my student loan, and since it is not 100% certain which university I am still going to yet, I am not sure whether to leave it until I know for sure if I am going to Oxford, or to change it to Kings to avoid being late with my payments, and potentially being suspended?
Thank you so much
Hi,

While any changes submitted to your online account can take time to be processed, we would not expect that you would need to wait as long as six weeks based on our current timescales.

It is entirely your decision whether you opt to make the change to your application now or whether you would prefer to wait. We normally advise that you should indicate the university or college you are most likely to attend on your application. We appreciate in your circumstances it may be difficult to predict at this point where you are more likely to ultimately end up attending. If you are worried that you may encounter issues with King's College by not having your funding in place with them it may be worthwhile to have the application changed.

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (19)
30.65%
No (43)
69.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed