1233333344s222
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Sixth form starts on Monday and I still have no clue as to which one to go to. I am choosing between a new college which is really big with about 800 students and a sixth form within the college and a sixth form which is part of the high school I attended. This sixth form is very small and has about 100 students per year. Both the sixth forms offer free transport so that's not an issue. I know how the teachers are at the school sixth form and most of the peolle there too. I am not quite fond of some of the people there. At the college sixth form, I have no idea what the teachers are like and hardly know anybody there. Which do I pick?
AnnieGakusei
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 1233333344s222)
Sixth form starts on Monday and I still have no clue as to which one to go to. I am choosing between a new college which is really big with about 800 students and a sixth form within the college and a sixth form which is part of the high school I attended. This sixth form is very small and has about 100 students per year. Both the sixth forms offer free transport so that's not an issue. I know how the teachers are at the school sixth form and most of the peolle there too. I am not quite fond of some of the people there. At the college sixth form, I have no idea what the teachers are like and hardly know anybody there. Which do I pick?
Do they both do the subjects you want to do?
Student1191
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Look at their websites to see which produces better results
1233333344s222
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by AnnieGakusei)
Do they both do the subjects you want to do?
Yes both offer my subject choices
seasonalstudies
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
whichever one you feel most COMFORTABLE in, go for there! I was going to go to my sixth form that's linked with my high school or this sixth form at a grammar school, in the end I chose the one at my sixth form because I felt more comfortable there yk
AnnieGakusei
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes both offer my subject choices
The pros and cons that I can think of:

Pros of college
- Treated like an adult
- Less risk that a subject will be cancelled due to lack of interest
- Lots of people to mix with
- New and more facilities

Cons of college
- Very big and less personal
- Don't know the people
- Unknown entity

Pros of school sixth form
- Know the people and the teachers
- Small and personal

Cons of school sixth form
- Have to live under school rules
- Don't like all the people
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (126)
18.1%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.59%
Not great so far... (250)
35.92%
I want to drop out! (128)
18.39%

Watched Threads