The Student Room Group

What's the best way to find a flatmate to replace me.

Recently, me and one of the girls I was living with decided that it would be for the best if we didn't live together. I have found a new place but I haven't been able to find someone that can replace me and release me of my tenancy. Obviously, as long as no one is living in the house instead of me, I have to pay the rent. I don't want to pay two lots of rent this year so I was wandering if there were any platforms people could recommend for me to find a new housemate to fill the gap? Thanks for the help :smile::smile::smile: (Have already put ads on the Uni pages, Gumtree, spareroom and on the forums of this website.)
Original post by YoyoWillowXOX
Recently, me and one of the girls I was living with decided that it would be for the best if we didn't live together. I have found a new place but I haven't been able to find someone that can replace me and release me of my tenancy. Obviously, as long as no one is living in the house instead of me, I have to pay the rent. I don't want to pay two lots of rent this year so I was wandering if there were any platforms people could recommend for me to find a new housemate to fill the gap? Thanks for the help :smile::smile::smile: (Have already put ads on the Uni pages, Gumtree, spareroom and on the forums of this website.)

You've already done alot by posting it everywhere, Have you gone direct to your uni's accommodation service and see if they have a list or something where they could post your room?
Does your friend know of anyone looking for a room?
You could always give an incentive to a potential tenant by forfeiting your deposit or something or saying that the first terms rent is already paid. This is understandably a last resort though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending