The Student Room Group

Advice for international student getting a job?

Im from Canada and moving to the UK soon for university full time. I'll need to get a part time job but I'm pretty nervous about it. I've never written a CV before (not so much a thing in Canada - at least where I'm from) and I dont have a lot of job experience. I'm 18 and my last job was a sales person for a couple months at a store when I was 16. I also did a few jobs when I was 14. I haven't worked since because I was so focused on my schooling trying to get into university. Is recent job experience a major thing in the UK? I have done volunteering in the last 4 years of mainly fundraising for charities, and tutoring but I don't know if employers are interested in that in the UK either.

I feel like I'm going to be walking into a bright light. I really don't know what employers in the UK look for or how exactly to land me a job there. I don't know what to expect. Any tips on the CV or interview or anything would be helpful.
Original post by eridiff321

There's a CV Help forum in TSR. It's a private forum, so it will look empty, but start a thread and someone will be along to help out. The private thread means only you and the adviser can see the discussion so you can talk about specifics. It sounds as though you've done enough to put together a basic student type job.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending