The Student Room Group

Finance course

Hey guys so I'm considering to study Economics,business,accounts and English lit (maybe) at alevels.
I wanted to know if I can pursue a finance degree at uni with this.
I really can't do math that's one reason I'm not taking it.
Reply 1
Original post by Prateek devnani
Hey guys so I'm considering to study Economics,business,accounts and English lit (maybe) at alevels.
I wanted to know if I can pursue a finance degree at uni with this.
I really can't do math that's one reason I'm not taking it.

For most universities it's fine, unless you are doing a joint honours degree with something such as Maths for example.
Original post by kkboyk
For most universities it's fine, unless you are doing a joint honours degree with something such as Maths for example.

Nah I'm considering only finance in UK and the unis I wanna apply to don't really want alevel math they want a minimum of grade B at gcse math which I have so that's why I wanted to know are these subjects fine?
Reply 3
Original post by Prateek devnani
Nah I'm considering only finance in UK and the unis I wanna apply to don't really want alevel math they want a minimum of grade B at gcse math which I have so that's why I wanted to know are these subjects fine?

What I said applies to uni in the UK only. Since you're only interested in finance alone, you don't need A-level Maths and your choices are fine (most finance departments aren't picky).

If you already have a particular uni in mind, go on their website and check fully their entry requirements to see if there's anything you're missing (e.g. GCSE English grade) and the grades they require to know in advance before applying.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending