The Student Room Group

Revision Tips for A level

I'm starting school next week and I will be studying biology, chemistry, maths and the EPQ. Just wanted to know if any students currently studying A levels has any advice for me on how to do well. Thank you in advance!
Reply 1
Original post by Krypton007
I'm starting school next week and I will be studying biology, chemistry, maths and the EPQ. Just wanted to know if any students currently studying A levels has any advice for me on how to do well. Thank you in advance!

Make your revision materials (flash cards, notes etc) as you go along.
Do A LOT of practice for maths, keep doing questions!
Print off the specifications for bio & Chem and highlight the topics off as you revise them
Revise for your mocks/end of unit assessments - this will ensure you consistently get decent grades which will help with your predicted grade at the end of the year & also when you come to final revision it will be a lot easier!
Hi! Biology is quite content heavy so make sure you know all the terminology (you could use flash cards etc). I find the different reactions and mechanisms quite challenging in chemistry so make sure to do loads of practise to get to grips with them all , and also make sure you understand what's happening. For maths I would say to keep doing continuous practise throughout the school year especially on harder topics (integration was the death of me)! For EPQ make sure to stick to deadlines, it'll help in the long run. Overall just make sure to keep on top of work! Hope that helped a bit :smile:
Original post by Krypton007

For maths, use every past paper and use Exam Solutions on YouTube for model solutions.
Past papers - mark schemes and more past papers and mark schemes! Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply