The Student Room Group

Previously completed a foundation degree

Hi
I completed a foundation degree photography and new media in 2010 - it was part time and i got a grant from SF to pay for it.

I want to apply for social work Ba Hons - am I correct in thinking I can only apply for part time if I want a loan from SF?

I have logged onto my SF account but cannot find anywhere to click to reapply?

Thanks
Original post by Jessyb12
Hi
I completed a foundation degree photography and new media in 2010 - it was part time and i got a grant from SF to pay for it.

I want to apply for social work Ba Hons - am I correct in thinking I can only apply for part time if I want a loan from SF?

I have logged onto my SF account but cannot find anywhere to click to reapply?

Thanks

Hi Jessy,

Can you confirm how many years you spent studying on the Foundation Degree please?

Thanks
Reply 2
Original post by Chris SFE
Hi Jessy,

Can you confirm how many years you spent studying on the Foundation Degree please?

Thanks

Hi Chris it was 3 years 2007-2010
Hi Chris it was 3 years 2007-2010

Hi Jessy,

Would you intend to study the Social Work course on a part-time basis or would you study this course full-time?

Thanks
Reply 4
Original post by Chris SFE
Hi Jessy,

Would you intend to study the Social Work course on a part-time basis or would you study this course full-time?

Thanks

I'd prefer full time but am happy to do part time too
I'd prefer full time but am happy to do part time too

Hi Jessy,

A maximum of 16 years part time study is eligible for funding.

If you choose to do your Social Work course on a full time basis, to calculate your entitlement, we would still use the previous study calculation.

Previous part - time study is counted as previous study, if you gained a qualification.

We would look at the length of your new course, which is 3 years plus we give you one additional year = 4 years ( minus any previous study) that leaves one year full support left.

3 + 1 = 4 -3 (years previous study) = 1 year

In your final year you would receive

Full student support paid through SFE.

Non Means Tested Bursary paid through General Social Care Council.

The first two years you may be means tested and awarded maintenance loan but will NOT receive tuition fee support or maintenance grants although you may also apply for supplementary grants. (ADG, PLA, DSA and CCG only)

Thanks Rona

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending