The Student Room Group

Dental care and Full-time higher education student

Heya! i'm currently 19 and need to have one of my teeth fixed. I went to a dentist and had to pay the full charge, the info on the nhs wewbsite is vague . However i was wondering if full time higher education students are entitled to free dental care, and if so how do i apply for it?
Thank you
Original post by Miss Shino
Heya! i'm currently 19 and need to have one of my teeth fixed. I went to a dentist and had to pay the full charge, the info on the nhs wewbsite is vague . However i was wondering if full time higher education students are entitled to free dental care, and if so how do i apply for it?
Thank you

It's based on your income. You have to fill in a HC1 form if you want to get help.

Going to move this one to health for you.
Original post by Tiger Rag
It's based on your income. You have to fill in a HC1 form if you want to get help.

Going to move this one to health for you.

but as a student , you don't have income besides what you get from maintenance loan and your parents (unless you work part time). does that mean i will have to put in my HC1 form the amount i get from maintenance loan?
Original post by Miss Shino
but as a student , you don't have income besides what you get from maintenance loan and your parents (unless you work part time). does that mean i will have to put in my HC1 form the amount i get from maintenance loan?

Your maintenance loan is counted as counted as income, yes.
Original post by Tiger Rag
Your maintenance loan is counted as counted as income, yes.

okay so i'll just have to fill in the amount i assume. thanks a lot

Quick Reply

Latest