What is the oldest thing in your home?

Watch this thread
ChickPea77
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I would say the oldest thing in my home is an old globe which I have had for 20 years.
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
My parents.
MarksBen
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Your mum is getting on these days.
a.little.bird
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
My mum.
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
My cats. They are 11 years old in our years but in their years that makes them 60
Chronoscope
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
The floor.
DrSocSciences
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Well, anyone with a piece of expensive jewellery will easily have the oldest item, as diamonds are aged between 900 million and 3.2 billion years old. Unless a.little.bird's mum is even older.
ugolino
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
My husband lol
Chelsea A
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
We have this massive unit my grandparents got in Germany called a Shrank. It's something like 20/30 years old.
emobambam
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
The oldest thing in my house is me and my smelly shoes
Tootles
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Hmm.

Well our house is 135 years old to start with. I have some books from before then, going back as far as the 17th century - my oldest book, I think, is a copy of the Authorised Bible, "newly" translated from the original tongues &c.

I have some tools that are a few hundred years old too - the oldest of these is a mesolithic hand-axe, possibly 10ky old.

Probably the oldest thing in the house (and which I own) though would be a fossilized echinoid I was given as a child, which according to the certificate that came with it is from the middle Jurassic.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (141)
40.4%
They're exactly what I expected (86)
24.64%