Aerospace engineering GCSE grades

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
damn daniel yeah
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have done 11 GCSE's and got 3B's in English lit lang and geography then A's and A*'s in the rest and most importantly maths and physics in which i got A*'s and furthur maths which i got a A in. Will this decrease the chance of getting onto a good Aerospace engineering course assuming i get good A levels in maths physics chemistry and furthur maths. As i have found i am eligible for pretty much all courses but surely wont they massive discount for this or not? or are my chances on getting on an Aerospace engineering course slim. I also have got work experience in transmission workshops and hopefully a race car preparation workshop where they develop there own parts will this help? i also have the option to get work experience at an Aviation museum working on restoring parts of aircraft. please be honest
JakeRStudent
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by damn daniel yeah)
I have done 11 GCSE's and got 3B's in English lit lang and geography then A's and A*'s in the rest and most importantly maths and physics in which i got A*'s and furthur maths which i got a A in. Will this decrease the chance of getting onto a good Aerospace engineering course assuming i get good A levels in maths physics chemistry and furthur maths. As i have found i am eligible for pretty much all courses but surely wont they massive discount for this or not? or are my chances on getting on an Aerospace engineering course slim. I also have got work experience in transmission workshops and hopefully a race car preparation workshop where they develop there own parts will this help? i also have the option to get work experience at an Aviation museum working on restoring parts of aircraft. please be honest
I can easily say you've got great chances of getting into a good uni (even Oxbridge). Your GCSEs are great and you work experience is great too, plus I can easily see how passionate you are about it. GCSEs on the whole don't matter too much as long as you do decently and you've done better than that. It's a levels that matter, and they're a lot harder. Definitely a level physics, maths further maths and chemistry are the ones you wanna aim for. Honestly though bro you can relax. You've done great and with good a levels which I'm sure you'll get I think you've got excellent chances
damn daniel yeah
Rep:
(Original post by JakeRStudent)
I can easily say you've got great chances of getting into a good uni (even Oxbridge). Your GCSEs are great and you work experience is great too, plus I can easily see how passionate you are about it. GCSEs on the whole don't matter too much as long as you do decently and you've done better than that. It's a levels that matter, and they're a lot harder. Definitely a level physics, maths further maths and chemistry are the ones you wanna aim for. Honestly though bro you can relax. You've done great and with good a levels which I'm sure you'll get I think you've got excellent chances
really are you sure it just that these seem to just scrape into most courses entry requirements
Helloworld_95
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
It's engineering, with the exception of Oxbridge they barely care about A levels let alone GCSEs.

Ex. a few A*AA and AAA grade unis were dropping their requirements by 2 or 3 grades this year during clearing.
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
They literally don't care about GCSEs. The only one that is likely to care at all is Oxford, and performance on the admissions assessments, performance in interview and achieving the necessary standard at A-level are more important than GCSEs anyway there.
JakeRStudent
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
really are you sure it just that these seem to just scrape into most courses entry requirements
I don't know what entry requirements you're looking at but you're GCSEs are absolutely fine. Universities don't really care about GCSEs as long as you do decently. It's a levels where it really matters because they're much harder and a much greater show of your intelligence.

And just in case you're not sure I got 4A* 6A and 2 B at gcse (one less than you) and I'm about to study in Cambridge for physics (well natural sciences) so I'm pretty sure!
damn daniel yeah
Rep:
I don't know what entry requirements you're looking at but you're GCSEs are absolutely fine. Universities don't really care about GCSEs as long as you do decently. It's a levels where it really matters because they're much harder and a much greater show of your intelligence.

And just in case you're not sure I got 4A* 6A and 2 B at gcse (one less than you) and I'm about to study in Cambridge for physics (well natural sciences) so I'm pretty sure!
okay thanks alot for reassuring me
username3516024
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 4 years ago

If you wish to be so good at every subject then be assured that some people, when assesing your education, may be astonished : there > their but. nevertheless best wishes
username3516024
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I have worked in similar industries it is not necessarily you education that will get you in, although that has to be perfect, there will be many similar people against you at the intevriew I can give you some pointers that will help you when you get to that stage though it is interpersonal and nothing more
damn daniel yeah
Rep:
(Original post by username3516024)
I have worked in similar industries it is not necessarily you education that will get you in, although that has to be perfect, there will be many similar people against you at the intevriew I can give you some pointers that will help you when you get to that stage though it is interpersonal and nothing more
what kind of pointers would you give?
thotproduct
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
1) GCSEs will not matter in the slightest unless you're considering Oxbridge
2) If they do look at GCSEs, they'll either want a certain amount of A*-B grades, which you've got, at least a B in English and Maths, which you've got, and high achievement on Maths and Physics, which you've got.
Doones
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
And for Oxford the PAT is more important anyway. For Cambridge your GCSEs are absolutely fine, and they also have the ENGAA.

Posted from TSR Mobile
damn daniel yeah
Rep:
(Original post by Doonesbury)
And for Oxford the PAT is more important anyway. For Cambridge your GCSEs are absolutely fine, and they also have the ENGAA.

Posted from TSR Mobile
what does PAT and ENGAA stand for? thanks
Doones
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
what does PAT and ENGAA stand for? thanks
Physics Aptitude Test
Engineering Admissions Assessment
rir hub
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
sorry if I sound a bit stupid (I dont know much about this), but won't getting worse GCSEs lower your chances of getting a good aerospace engineering job? or getting better pay or more jobs?
JakeRStudent
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by rir hub)
sorry if I sound a bit stupid (I dont know much about this), but won't getting worse GCSEs lower your chances of getting a good aerospace engineering job? or getting better pay or more jobs?
not past getting into uni, and even then it won't be a massive deal as long as they're 'good'. Nobody is going to be looking at your gases when hiring you for a aerospace engineering job because you have a DEGREE.
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by rir hub)
No. No one cares about your GCSEs so long as you meet minimum requirements.
X
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (64)
68.82%
In the post (3)
3.23%
Text (13)
13.98%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (13)
13.98%

Watched Threads