help with as psychology questions? - abnormality and the DSM

Watch
frankelly
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I've just been given 'flying starter' hw before I start college and I'm stuck on some AS psychology questions.

the question im stuck on is "the DSM 5 taskforce that decided on which disorders should be included in the revised version were mainly based at Amercian Universities. why is this a problem? (2 marks) " I don't know how to word the answer or what it means and I have no one to ask for help in real life. any help I appreciate!
Octoberly
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by frankelly)
I've just been given 'flying starter' hw before I start college and I'm stuck on some AS psychology questions.

the question im stuck on is "the DSM 5 taskforce that decided on which disorders should be included in the revised version were mainly based at Amercian Universities. why is this a problem? (2 marks) " I don't know how to word the answer or what it means and I have no one to ask for help in real life. any help I appreciate!
It means that because it's based on american uni students, the definitions cannot be applied cross-culturally. What may be abnormal behaviour in american students may be normal in other cultures. Hope this helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (358)
84.04%
No (68)
15.96%

Watched Threads