Want more information about this university?

3rd year is a placement year, but no want to change to a gap year

Watch
JudithJ
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
My son is doing a 4 year sandwich course (3rd year is a placement year due to start Sept 2017). He applied for student finace in May hoping to find a placement before September. He told SF that he would be doing a unpaid placement at home. He has not managed to find a placement so he is changing this year to a GAP year, ( he has already informed the uni he would do this if he couldn't find a placement. What does he do about student fiance as he has already received the first part of his SF loan. As he is now taking a GAP year does he inform SF of a change of circumstance? Thanks
Arianax
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm not sure if you can do a gap year. However, you need to inform student finance and they will decide if he has to pay back the maintenance loan/grant he has been given. Most likely, yes.

Can't he continue onto final year?
JudithJ
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Due to health reasons he only just passed year 2 so wants to spend this next 12 months going over the work he did in year 2. Just not sure what happens with the finance.
Arianax
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by JudithJ)
Due to health reasons he only just passed year 2 so wants to spend this next 12 months going over the work he did in year 2. Just not sure what happens with the finance.
Contact student finance, they will be able to advise you further on what to do.
username3162850
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by JudithJ)
My son is doing a 4 year sandwich course (3rd year is a placement year due to start Sept 2017). He applied for student finace in May hoping to find a placement before September. He told SF that he would be doing a unpaid placement at home. He has not managed to find a placement so he is changing this year to a GAP year, ( he has already informed the uni he would do this if he couldn't find a placement. What does he do about student fiance as he has already received the first part of his SF loan. As he is now taking a GAP year does he inform SF of a change of circumstance? Thanks
Hey,

Definitely contact Student Finance as soon as you can. They will be able to advise you of your next steps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (424)
56.46%
I don't have everything I need (327)
43.54%

Watched Threads