The Student Room Group

Sixth form essentials

So i was wondering if it is better to write in text books or if I should get ring binders/leaver arch files and why

I will be doing bio/chem/physics/maths (starting yr 12)
I don't it really matters how you write your notes, but I think having a arch lever file is good for organisation
I'm starting sixth form in a few days too and I'm planning to write my main notes in exercise books just because that's how I've done it up until now and that's how I feel the most comfortable?? I guess it's up to you though...I'm going to do practice on other pieces of lined paper and organise them along with other handouts in a lever arch file
Textbooks + Colour Coding = The ****

That's how I did it at the least. Write notes for a topic, leaving one page free after each page of notes (for questions and additions) and adding in small plastic colour thingies on the tips of the pages to associate the topics with the colours determined by the textbook.

If you use a lever arch and have loads of notes to take and put inside, i.e. literally fill it (first year at Sixth I did this) you will end up with the weight of the contents shunting the contents from the folder and causing it to sag. That's my experience, at the least.

If you are using textbooks, get good paper that doesn't bleed or feather, and if you are using lever arches, moderation for the amount of content xD

Quick Reply

Latest