emilyalexandraa
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
In my sixth form they keep pressuring students to take 3 a levels and fid it absurd when students want to take 4. Then in the prospectus it says that students who get 7 A's/A*s are allowed to take 4 A levels(if they want) and an EPQ. i know an EPQ is half an A level and it's worth a lot of UCAS points. But I'm wondering if I should do 4 A levels(Psychology, Maths, Further Maths and maybe Art/Biology/Chemistry) or just 3(Psychology, Maths, Further Maths and an EPQ) I dont know what I want to be exactly but I want to widen my horizon by doing an A level. With 4 a levels you can still do an EPQ but I think I'll be too overwhelmed with work. I just want to know which would be better 4 A levels or 3A levels and an EPQ?
LeoWolfish
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by emilyalexandraa)
In my sixth form they keep pressuring students to take 3 a levels and fid it absurd when students want to take 4. Then in the prospectus it says that students who get 7 A's/A*s are allowed to take 4 A levels(if they want) and an EPQ. i know an EPQ is half an A level and it's worth a lot of UCAS points. But I'm wondering if I should do 4 A levels(Psychology, Maths, Further Maths and maybe Art/Biology/Chemistry) or just 3(Psychology, Maths, Further Maths and an EPQ) I dont know what I want to be exactly but I want to widen my horizon by doing an A level. With 4 a levels you can still do an EPQ but I think I'll be too overwhelmed with work. I just want to know which would be better 4 A levels or 3A levels and an EPQ?
If you think you can manage go for four A levels. If you think it might be a bit too much go for the three and EPQ. As for which of the final A levels you have listed here in the event you decide to do four. I would say either Art since it will round out your subjects more or Biology. But that is probably my biased talking.

What is it you want to do with these A levels?
emilyalexandraa
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I dont know like at first I was thinking I can do psychology, then by doing further maths i could do more mathematical or scientic jobs. Then biology might help if I want to go and do psychiatry or neurology because I like learning more about brain disorders or generally about the brain. But by doing art, maths and further maths I can probably do Architecture.
MathsJames99
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
At the end of the day if you want to proceed with education you only need 3 A levels to continue to University, I originally did 4 and then dropped one for the EPQ. The fact that I did the EPQ in a relavent subject (Maths), I was able to lower my Uni entry requirements by a whole grade which essentially got me into University.
CinnamonSmol
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you take 4 a-levels, don't take art. It's very time consuming and you can tell when work has been rushed. I would say stick to 3 good alevels with an EPQ as unis love EPQ's however it is ultimately your decision
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?