Is doing 2 A Levels and a Level 3 Btec a waste of time?

Watch
Blackberryjam
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So i'm going into my second year of college and in my first year i did Psychology, Biology, History and Chemistry. i got 2 B's one in psychology the other in history but i didn't do so well in chemistry and bio, So i decided to do the Level 3 applied science diploma and the rest of my A levels in psychology and history. i want to get into a top uni and do forensic psychology or something in that field. i hear that the L3 btec is equal to 3 A levels. so i would be getting virtually 5, however most unis don't looks at each one of your grades i've been told. only the top 3. so i'm wondering if it would just be worth dropping one of my A levels.
yt7777
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Are you doing an Extended Diploma or just the Diploma?
Blackberryjam
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by yt7777)
Are you doing an Extended Diploma or just the Diploma?
extended so a 2 year course
yt7777
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Blackberryjam)
extended so a 2 year course
I would drop history then as there's not really much point in doing it, focus on getting top grades in your Extended Diploma and Psychology
yt7777
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You could also drop Psychology if you wanted but as that's what you want to do at uni then I'd stick with it for another year
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (518)
33.77%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (634)
41.33%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.34%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.56%

Watched Threads