Student1191
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm currently down for chemistry economics and maths and want to do accounting and finance at university or accounting degree apprenticeship. Should I change my options to economics maths and ICT?
Black Rose
  • Study Helper
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Reece.W.J)
I'm currently down for chemistry economics and maths and want to do accounting and finance at university or accounting degree apprenticeship. Should I change my options to economics maths and ICT?
Do you have a particular uni or apprenticeship in mind? Check on their website if they require maths as an entry requirement.
Student1191
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Black Rose)
Do you have a particular uni or apprenticeship in mind? Check on their website if they require maths as an entry requirement.
I'm definitely doing maths. It's good for the degrees I've looked at and the apprenticeship I think looks best requires maths and maths subject (economics and chemistry count there)
username1765117
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Chemistry is a much better respected than ICT. If you don't enjoy it however and would prefer ICT go for it! Also consider if you want ICT or computer science. Computer science allows you to learn to program and write code and also understand how computer systems work in a much more detailed sense. Computer science also has a significant maths content compare to ICT. ICT is also available as a BTEC.
Black Rose
  • Study Helper
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Reece.W.J)
I'm definitely doing maths. It's good for the degrees I've looked at and the apprenticeship I think looks best requires maths and maths subject (economics and chemistry count there)
Oh sorry I misread, for ICT A-level see here:http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/compu...echnology-2520

Our regulator Ofqual currently state that, with the exception of re-sits, the last time students will be able to sit exams in ICT will be in summer 2017 (AS level) and summer 2018 (A-level).

It looks like you might not be able to take ICT?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (53)
17.55%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (84)
27.81%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (115)
38.08%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (40)
13.25%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (10)
3.31%

Watched Threads