A_Sanchez
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Ive Recently started College doing Biology Chemistry and Maths. However with Maths i don't feel confident with as its a very difficult subject so i would like to do Business studies.
i would like to do Biomedical sciences and that just requires Biology and chemistry. But like a every Uni they require 3 a levels.

Anybody else been in this situation and what do people think?
xEmilyxx
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Business studies and Economics get compared here quite a lot. I think from what I can gather business isn't as difficult or demanding as Economics. But you're doing science subjects, and unless you want to go into something that requires Maths you may as well take Business.
A_Sanchez
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by xEmilyxx)
Business studies and Economics get compared here quite a lot. I think from what I can gather business isn't as difficult or demanding as Economics. But you're doing science subjects, and unless you want to go into something that requires Maths you may as well take Business.
Thanks for the reply, by any chance in Business studies we'll for exams do you have to write essays?
xEmilyxx
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by A_Sanchez)
Thanks for the reply, by any chance sis you do Business Studies would you have to do Assessments essays?
Not quite sure what you mean by that. The exam is essay based, and there might be coursework involved which will undoubtedly be essay based too.
zKlown
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I did Business Studies at A-Level (granted it was 8 years ago lol) and it was very easy in comparison to Maths and other Sciences.

I didn't really revise for it, just studied the specification, learnt how to structure the answers like the examiners wanted and got a B.

Granted if I'd expanded my knowledge a bit more, an A grade would have been easily attainable, but I was cocky and thought I knew everything loooool.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (154)
59.46%
No I haven't decided yet (60)
23.17%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.37%

Watched Threads