The Student Room Group

What is it like being a girl in sixth form at an all-boys school?

I'm a 16 year old girl and I'm starting sixth form next week, at an all-boys school (years 7-13) where they let girls into the sixth form, there'll be about 5 girls there including me. I was at an all-girls school before but this school is better than my old one, and it's closer to my house so it made sense to apply and go to this one.

I know a few guys at the school but many, I'm not sure what it will be like at an all-boys school being one of the few girls there. To blow my own trumpet, I am a 'very hot' girl and have been told these numerous times by guys. Am I going to be constantly perved on at this school? One of the subjects I'll be doing is PE and I'll be the only girl doing it, are people going to be perving on me changing and in the lessons?

Aside from the above, what is the experience generally like being one of the only girls? What will the school life generally be like among a school of boys?
:troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:
Reply 2
Anybody?
Reply 3
Original post by Berrydazzle
Anybody?

I have no experience in this matter, I wouldn't know what to say

but I think your situation is a rather interesting one, perhaps very rare too

Good luck at sixth form
There probs will be pervs but you're just gonna have to ignore them and focus on your education.
On a side note: Often, male friends are better than girls. A lot more straightforward and chilled. You may make a good group of friends there.
I'm a 16 year old girl and I'm starting sixth form next week, at an all-boys school (years 7-13) where they let girls into the sixth form, there'll be about 5 girls there including me. I was at an all-girls school before but this school is better than my old one, and it's closer to my house so it made sense to apply and go to this one.

I know a few guys at the school but many, I'm not sure what it will be like at an all-boys school being one of the few girls there. To blow my own trumpet, I am a 'very hot' girl and have been told these numerous times by guys. Am I going to be constantly perved on at this school? One of the subjects I'll be doing is PE and I'll be the only girl doing it, are people going to be perving on me changing and in the lessons?

Aside from the above, what is the experience generally like being one of the only girls? What will the school life generally be like among a school of boys?

Watch out for perverts (this is coming from a pervert).

There might be Gays so don't worry too much.

Are there gona be female toilets?

Try not to let them group around you (guys going through puberty may do stupid things)
Reply 7
Original post by wonderuss
There probs will be pervs but you're just gonna have to ignore them and focus on your education.

Original post by wonderuss
On a side note: Often, male friends are better than girls. A lot more straightforward and chilled. You may make a good group of friends there.

Thank you, I hope I can make some good friends! I'm nervous but excited to start on Monday.
Thank you, I hope I can make some good friends! I'm nervous but excited to start on Monday.

will there be a lot of girls at your sixth form cause at the school I went to the main school was boys only while sixth form had girls and almost no one treated them badly there were a few causes but anything like that at my school leads to suspension or expulsion
Reply 9
Original post by Mathemagicien
Having mixed gender sixth forms atop segregated lower schools is not too rare afaik.

Some of the lower school students might be a problem, but they are to everyone.

What kind of of problem and how often will it occur?

Original post by debs20153
will there be a lot of girls at your sixth form cause at the school I went to the main school was boys only while sixth form had girls and almost no one treated them badly there were a few causes but anything like that at my school leads to suspension or expulsion

There's only going to be 4 other girls there, hopefully the rules will be the same at my school.
I'm literally doing the same thing as you, lol! I'm going from all-girls to all boys with girls at sixth form - except there'll be at least 35 girls instead.

Honestly, i'm not too nervous as I know a lot of the boys (and girls), but it's going to be so weird going to school with boys again. Tell me how you get on!
OMG I AM LIT IN THE SAME SITUATION AS YOU
i have been going to an all girls school since i was 4 and i am now swapping to a boys school that has recently gone co-ed and i am hella nervous. There will be 27 girls in a year with over 100 boys in it. I am also not that bad looking and i have friends over there anyway but i am excited but nervous to move across. I have plenty of guy friends outside school but when im gonna see them everyday, itll be weirdd lmao
I did the same thing as you last year, all that's really changed is that I've got a boyfriend and also a few friends who are boys (I actually seem to get on better with boys than girls). I feel like the girls in my year are a closer-knit group because we are the minority, which is nice in a way, especially at the beginning of the year when the boys were more reluctant to form new cliques

You're welcome. Good luck!:smile:
Reply 14

I don't think the lower school students will be too much of a problem mainly because you won't be seeing too much of them. Sixth Formers have their own areas and your timetable will be very different to theirs s you shouldn't run into them too much. That's really the only reassurance I can give, but I hope it helps! :smile:
My old secondary school had a mixed sixth form, but the school itself was all boys. The mixed sixth form had 1 girl. It was a small school, but there was one female student in the whole school. Now, other than a few pervy kids cat calling as you walk around the corner (they are too cowardly to say it to your face or where they can be confronted), but other than that you are fine. She looked happy, and was treated well. Maybe make friends with some of the bigger guys in your sixth form so they can knock out the lil kiddies in the younger year groups if they get to brave.
Calling yourself 'very hot' is a bit arrogant, JUST A TINNY BIT

Quick Reply