The Student Room Group

Abbc oxford for law?

I recently got my results and I got an A in french bs in maths and politics and a c in history - which may be subject to remarking later. Is oxford doable or should I forget about it? My GCSEs were 3 a*s 8 as and one b
You'd probably have to check if Oxford accept A level resits and take some if they do. Does it specifically have to be Oxford as you may be closer to the entrance requirements of some other institutions?
My friend got AABD at AS and got in so I would say it's still do able. If you do well in the TSA (thinking skills assessment) or whatever test or work you have to submit and then have a good interview they become less grade orientated. My friend also got let in on A*AB even though the offer was AAA.

If you resit I'm sure you'll improve on them. Btw did you do AQA maths? I'm applying to Oxford and I'm going to resit core 2 to bump myself up

All the best
Tash
Original post by VMD100
You'd probably have to check if Oxford accept A level resits and take some if they do. Does it specifically have to be Oxford as you may be closer to the entrance requirements of some other institutions?

My friend resat her history D and got it to an A* and it didn't hinder her application.
Reply 4
Original post by tashanna98
My friend got AABD at AS and got in so I would say it's still do able. If you do well in the TSA (thinking skills assessment) or whatever test or work you have to submit and then have a good interview they become less grade orientated. My friend also got let in on A*AB even though the offer was AAA.

If you resit I'm sure you'll improve on them. Btw did you do AQA maths? I'm applying to Oxford and I'm going to resit core 2 to bump myself up

All the best
Tash

I'm not thinking of resits except a c1 module for maths (I do OCR MEI) to bump my grade to an A. My history result didn't count and neither did french so for politics I can overcome the b by getting a high a next year. I am looking at other unis of course but oxford is something I want to do
Reply 5
Original post by VMD100

I do not want to resist any exams apart from my c1 module as french and history didn't count. My history grade could possibly increase with a remark but even if it doesn't will the c really hinder my application. My personal statement is good and I am doing a lot of work towards my LNAT.
Original post by bex_s
I do not want to resist any exams apart from my c1 module as french and history didn't count. My history grade could possibly increase with a remark but even if it doesn't will the c really hinder my application. My personal statement is good and I am doing a lot of work towards my LNAT.

Are they your AS results or A2? If AS you can likely turn it around. Though on Oxfords website their entry requirements are AAA so ABBC would quite possibly hinder your application yes.
Reply 7
Original post by VMD100
Are they your AS results or A2? If AS you can likely turn it around. Though on Oxfords website their entry requirements are AAA so ABBC would quite possibly hinder your application yes.

AS results but I'm dropping the c and I'm being predicted 3 as which is plausible with hard work

Quick Reply