The Student Room Group

TSR Would I Lie to You?

Hello and welcome to TSR Would I Lie To You?
The thread that separates the fact from the fiction.

:party:

This game involves telling us something about yourself, that you've never told us before. And the rest of us have to guess whether you're telling the truth, or a lie.

How it works:

Those who wish to play should submit via PM to me either:

- An unbelievable truth about themselves, like something very funny that happened to you.
or:
- If nothing particularly spectacular has happened in your life, then simply make one up.

Make it clear to me whether your tale is true or a lie.

I will know, as question master, what the real answers are, but will not reveal.

What happens now?

We are currently playing :woo:

You can see where we are up to using this drop-down list of the games so far: (to be edited:mmm:)

[PLEASE NOTE: Do not post in games that have been completed. If you would like to talk about that game and it has finished then please use this thread.:yep:]

Scoring
Scoring will be given as the margin of victory. E.g. if 12 people vote lie and 8 vote true and the person was telling the truth, then their score is +4. Negative scores are possible.

Rules: :fuhrer:

Please do not reveal the truth before the given time-frame.

Please do not reveal the truth privately to anyone on TSR, even if they're not playing, they might see the thread and contribute as a normal user.

Do not make something up and pretend that it's true when you submit your entry. You must be honest with me.

Try to make sure nobody active on TSR already knows your story.

Please keep it (fairly) legal, and preferably PG.
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

TSR has been correct every single time so far:woo:
This should explain why all the scores are negative.

Competition Leader-board at present:

:king1:@CheeseIsVeg -3

:king2: @TastyChicken -5

:king3:@IKEAPanda37 -6

4th @Michiyo, -8
(edited 6 years ago)
People who may be interested:

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
Oooo definitely interested in this. I'm assuming the stories we send to you are just short summaries like they say in the TV show? (best gameshow out there btw)

I'll try and see if I have anything good to submit (whether true or false!), but even if I don't mange to I'll definitely contribute in the question-asking! I have a terrible memory when it comes to my childhood, so it'll probably have to be something recent.
Original post by 04MR17

Hello and welcome to TSR Would I Lie To You?
The thread that separates the fact from the fiction.

:party:

This game involves telling us something about yourself, that you've never told us before. And the rest of us have to guess whether you're telling the truth, or a lie.

How it will work:

Those who wish to play should submit via PM to me either:

- An unbelievable truth about themselves, like something very funny that happened to you.
or:
- If nothing particularly spectacular has happened in your life, then simply make one up.

Make it clear to me whether your tale is true or a lie.

I will know, as question master, what the real answers are, but will not reveal.

What happens next?

You have until midnight on Tuesday 5th September to submit your entry into the competition.

A special guest will make the draw on Wednesday 6th September to decide the order of play.

A thread will be made for each person's story, with what they PMed me entered into the OP. The rest of the players (and any other users) can then ask questions to find out if they're telling the truth, or it's all a big lie.

After 24 hours a poll will go up for a further 24 hours (or 12, haven't decided yet). Once the poll closes, the truth will be revealed.:colone:

Scoring
Scoring will be given as the margin of victory. E.g. if 12 people vote lie and 8 vote true and the person was telling the truth, then their score is +4. Negative scores are possible.

Rules: :fuhrer:

Please do not reveal the truth before the given time-frame.

Please do not reveal the truth privately to anyone on TSR, even if they're not playing, they might see the thread and contribute as a normal user.

Do not make something up and pretend that it's true when you submit your entry. You must be honest with me.

Try to make sure nobody active on TSR already knows your story.

Please keep it (fairly) legal, and preferably PG.

Right so you PM you something that is true or made up because you're boring
and then u will make a thread saying this thing
and then people will ask the person questions about it to the person? What is the point of pming it to u? U could just put it in this thread?
Then u get points for every person u deceive? :erm:

So if you pm u a truth, u have to convince everyone u r lying and vice versa? :erm:
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Right so you PM you something that is true or made up because you're boring
and then u will make a thread saying this thing
and then people will ask the person questions about it to the person? What is the point of pming it to u? U could just put it in this thread?
Then u get points for every person u deceive? :erm:

So if you pm u a truth, u have to convince everyone u r lying and vice versa? :erm:
I make the threads. Should probably make that more clear.

You are always trying to convince people that you're telling the truth. But if you're genuinely telling the truth, then you need to be less convincing.
Original post by 04MR17
I make the threads. Should probably make that more clear.

You are always trying to convince people that you're telling the truth. But if you're genuinely telling the truth, then you need to be less convincing.

Right :wtf:
but if I'm telling the truth
do I score points for making people say that I am false?
Right :wtf:
but if I'm telling the truth
do I score points for making people say that I am false?
If it looks like you're making it up, then people will vote lie.:yep:
If you were actually telling the truth,

Here's some examples:
[video]https://youtu.be/As2-JwaH3BE?t=1491[/video]
Original post by 04MR17
If it looks like you're making it up, then people will vote lie.:yep:
If you were actually telling the truth,

Here's some examples:
[video]https://youtu.be/As2-JwaH3BE?t=1491[/video]

but u didn't answer my question ? :redface:

ok I am watching :erm: :tongue:
but u didn't answer my question ? :redface:

ok I am watching :erm: :tongue:
Kind of.
Original post by 04MR17
Kind of.

he just opened an apple like a book :O
I love this! :woo:
So up for this :gah:
Original post by shadowdweller
I love this! :woo:
Original post by IKEAPanda37
So up for this :gah:
Hoped you'd like it.:hugs:
Original post by TheMoon
Oooo definitely interested in this. I'm assuming the stories we send to you are just short summaries like they say in the TV show? (best gameshow out there btw)

I'll try and see if I have anything good to submit (whether true or false!), but even if I don't mange to I'll definitely contribute in the question-asking! I have a terrible memory when it comes to my childhood, so it'll probably have to be something recent.
:woo: if you need any help coming up with something (true or false) we can discuss it in PM
Oh this sounds interesting. Had to do this on the new life is strange game. (Well that was two truths and a lie, but same thing)
Cool! I love watching would i lie to you :biggrin:
I'll send you a pm when we're back in England
Original post by Kholmes1
Oh this sounds interesting. Had to do this on the new life is strange game. (Well that was two truths and a lie, but same thing)
Yeah. Difference is you need to be more convincing. Because you're going to get asked questions.:colone:

So, you in?
Original post by laurawatt
Cool! I love watching would i lie to you :biggrin:
I'll send you a pm when we're back in England
Epic babes.:h:
Original post by 04MR17
Epic babes.:h:

:u:

Quick Reply