Tights with shorts - good idea or not? Watch

amy14081263
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Coolio... Anyone who wears that combo must have great taste!Yup, would be a boring world if we were all the same.

I'm often a bit different. The funny thing is that day my tights ended up coming off anyway, as I wanted to paddle my feet in the water!
Airmed
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I wear black tights with shorts, but only if it is cold. Otherwise, no tights when it is warm. I always have bruises and scrapes on my legs, but no one should give a **** about it.

Plus, you can wear ankle socks so it's not bare feet in the shoes.
amy14081263
Rep:
?
Yeah that's true, but they won't cover up the blemishes on my legs. I know I shouldn't feel self-conscious about it. But I do and that's why I feel comfier in tights.

I suppose I should just give in and wear black tights instead! My friends would certainly approve, as we have the same discussions about underwear!!
medhelp
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by amy14081263)
Lolz, was obvious you were a guy! Thanx though as you're being nice about my legs. I just use tights as a foundation layer and feel comfier that way.

Since you're an expert lol, what about tights with strappy sandals? This was me when I came home last night after being out with some some friends...

Bet you'll say, bare feet would've been better!!
ima girl and this just looks fkn weird lol
ur not supposed to see the end of the tights like that?

also i dont see why you need to wear them your skin looks fine if theres some blemishes put concealer on?
shawn_o1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How good are tights at shielding those UV rays I wonder
edd522
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Haha, yeah I know about the toes. Should've worn sandal-toed tights!! But I didn't have any

Yup, black tights is defo more common, I know! Funny how guys think it's a strange look, but girls think its ok, hmm... This is a pic a friend took of me when we were on holiday in the summer, to show other friends my strange fashion sense!!

Denim shorts, skin coloured tights and trainers, so weird LOLZ!

Or maybe you think it's ok?
Nice legs. :sexface:
amy14081263
Rep:
?
(Original post by medhelp)
ima girl and this just looks fkn weird lol
ur not supposed to see the end of the tights like that?

also i dont see why you need to wear them your skin looks fine if theres some blemishes put concealer on?
I already said I should've put sandal-toed tights on, but I didn't have any. If I'd done that it'd have been fine. Yeah I use concealer sometimes, but when I'm wearing skirts, tights or shorts I feel comfier in tights.
amy14081263
Rep:
?
(Original post by edd522)
Nice legs. :sexface:
Thanks!
amy14081263
Rep:
?
Ok, so some folks didn't like the look with skin-coloured tights and shorts, so what do you think of them with this outfit and my new pink dyed hair!!

My new shoes were killing me, so I couldn't wait to get outside onto the campus and kick them off, lol!
Airmed
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think you are a little too obsessed with how apparently bad your legs look.

There is no such thing as a perfect body. We all have marks and blemishes and scars we would rather not have. It's a fact of life though.

Honestly, learn to live with how your legs look and perhaps invest in some black tights if desperate. Just don't wear open toe shoes with tights. And if you still want to wear nude tights...get a lighter shade. Those ones are just too dark and make me think your outfits would look better with black tights.
amy14081263
Rep:
?
(Original post by Airmed)
I think you are a little too obsessed with how apparently bad your legs look.

There is no such thing as a perfect body. We all have marks and blemishes and scars we would rather not have. It's a fact of life though.

Honestly, learn to live with how your legs look and perhaps invest in some black tights if desperate. Just don't wear open toe shoes with tights. And if you still want to wear nude tights...get a lighter shade. Those ones are just too dark and make me think your outfits would look better with black tights.
Hiya, you're probs right about being too worried about how my legs look. but I can't help it as my bf comments and so do some girls in college, so it makes me think about it all the time.

Do you think the nude tights I'm wearing in the pic are too dark? They're only 15 denier. I guess I could go for 10 and also try wearing some black tights, as peeps are always saying that. Should I go for opaques or what then? Thanx!
amy14081263
Rep:
?
Btw, I had some blue ballerina pumps on, not open-toed shoes. Only got them the other day and they were killing my toes, lol!
shawn_o1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If the tights are thick enough you can go without the shorts, apparently some females do dress like that
Sammylou40
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Lolz, was obvious you were a guy! Thanx though as you're being nice about my legs. I just use tights as a foundation layer and feel comfier that way.

Since you're an expert lol, what about tights with strappy sandals? This was me when I came home last night after being out with some some friends...

Bet you'll say, bare feet would've been better!!
M and s do tights without reinforced toes
Make sure your nails are smooth though!
amy14081263
Rep:
?
(Original post by shawn_o1)
If the tights are thick enough you can go without the shorts, apparently some females do dress like that
Really?? Not where I live. I'd be too scared of accidentally showing my knickers!!
amy14081263
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sammylou40)
M and s do tights without reinforced toes
Make sure your nails are smooth though!
Hiya, thanks. I know they do.

I just forgot to buy some and I only discovered it when I was getting dressed to go out, and too late! I wanted to wear tights with my dress that night to give my legs some colour, so I just put those ones on with reinforced toes.

A few people did comment!! Yeah, I always try and keep my nails nice
edd522
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Really??
Yes:

amy14081263
Rep:
?
(Original post by edd522)
Yes:

Oh noooooooooooo. That's just WRONG!! :eek:
TheGalwayGirl
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I wouldn't normally but I think it looks fine OP, the only time I've ever done tights with shorts was with black tights though as it went with my maroon DMs. If you feel more confident in tights then go for it!
black1blade
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think it's fine if you wear shoes but yeah I think black tights look better ngl :P.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (157)
19.17%
Labour (417)
50.92%
Liberal Democrats (111)
13.55%
Green Party (45)
5.49%
Brexit Party (12)
1.47%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.49%
SNP (14)
1.71%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.49%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.73%
SDLP (1)
0.12%
Ulster Unionist (4)