CayeKent
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey guys, I achieved a grade 9 in literature this year and remember to last year when I was completely lost. I know, I would have appreciated to have some guidance, and hope many of you will find some value in these notes.
hoixw
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by CayeKent)
Hey guys, I achieved a grade 9 in literature this year and remember to last year when I was completely lost. I know, I would have appreciated to have some guidance, and hope many of you will find some value in these notes.
What tactics would you recommend to someone who is coming to year 11 and is completely lost in terms of English lang and lit (more the latter than the former). I genuinely have no clue as to what to do which will effectively get me good at English GCSE.
CayeKent
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
If I'm being honest, notes were the worst revision technique I used. By far, the most effective, were practice essays. You can do bullet point essays, in which you summarise each section of PEEAR. This I think is the best, especially for poetry, as if you attempt to remember points from full essays, there's a chance you could mix them up.
Full essays are important though, to practice technique and flow of paragraphs.

ESSENTIAL : GET TEACHERS TO MARK ESSAYS!!!!!

(Original post by hoixw)
What tactics would you recommend to someone who is coming to year 11 and is completely lost in terms of English lang and lit (more the latter than the former). I genuinely have no clue as to what to do which will effectively get me good at English GCSE.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (89)
13.01%
1 (89)
13.01%
2 (88)
12.87%
18.86%
22.37%
19.88%

Watched Threads