lavenderlife
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi i'm doing my GCSE's this year and i'm aiming for an 8/9 in triple sciences. I'm really stressed out because I don't understand the basic information eg equations because I was too stressed out to learn it at the start of the year 10.In year 10 we did the new 9-1 mocks and I did really bad because I didn't understand it.My teacher told me to go over the basics and I did do as much as I could.What would you recommend ?- going into yr11 going over from the start to understand the tricky bit eg dynamic equillibrium or just going along with the class not too overcomplicate stuff.How long did you start before revising chemisty?
alow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Work consistently and then do past papers in the weeks leading up to exams.

If you're getting too stressed out to learn in year 10 you're doing something wrong. Chill out.
Toastiekid
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm planning on going back over the triple science course this year as there were a lot of topics in physics that I didn't understand (and was too shy to ask for help). I haven't gotten the results back from the edexcel trial exam I took in May for science but when get the breakdown of marks from that I'll be able to focus on what I really don't get.
s.xw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
For chemistry you need to master the basics right before you start tackling the more complicated stuff so spend a week going over that. Then just pay attention in class, go over your work at night to make sure you understand everything and do your homework as it falls due. Don't revise too early, but don't leave it to the last few days either. From experience, if you've worked hard throughout the year, do well in the mocks and can do a past paper, you really only will need the last couple of weeks to revise. Studying should be done throughout the year especially for the sciences and it's good you have realised early what you need to focus on.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (76)
63.33%
I don't have everything I need (44)
36.67%

Watched Threads