The Student Room Group

Learning, Leisure and Lemur's Grade Growing Gateway to Grade Growth

Welcome to my 2017/18 GYG thread!! :woo:
Hey there!
(Yes I was totally just trying to see how many Gs and Ls I could get in that title!)
This thread is going to be the documentation of my year 12 journey to better grades. (Once the 2017/18 GYG forum is made I will move it over :smile:). The ultimate aim currently is to study maths at Oxford so after relatively successful GCSEs then this is the next stage to make my dream happen. I will be trying to update at the minimum weekly to tell you how I am doing and am aiming to improve on mistakes made at GCSE level to get the best A level results I can!

An introduction to me:
I'm @Lemur14

I'm part of the support team in the Study Help section of TSR :smile: I love maths as I'm sure anyone who reads any part of this blog will find out, but also performing arts, musicals, working with children and helping people! I also really enjoy dance and watching tennis (although the US Open this year is very disappointing). Other things I find interesting include politics (although I don't really know enough about it to debate beyond the basics), finance and analysing patterns and trends.

Academic History:

GCSEs

AS levels

Other

Important Dates

Here

Tags:
I'll add the tags in the morning...since it's 2am lol. If anyone has a GYG they would like me to follow then either put a link on here or tag me in it :grouphugs:

Tags

(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reserving the first post on my thread for a lovely tag list :smile:
I'm not one for giving people tonnes of notifications (or even more than one) they don't want (well...intentionally!) so if you want tagging in my updates please ask and I'll gladly add you to the list :smile: If I've tagged you above and you don't want tagging again then you don't have to do anything at all...I'll do my best not to tag you again!

Spoiler

CoffeeAndPolitics
x
Sonechka
x
Sivthasan
x
thotproduct
x
Mosope17
x
Labrador99
x
DeepInTheMeadow
x
zq01
x
EmilySarah00
x
ecila21
x
agaaga1010
x
Royal Sheepy
x
Lilsthebest
x
Anna1029
x
nyxnko_
x
clouddbubbles
x
laurawatt
x
04MR17
x
Michelle08
x
OrangeArcher
x
entertainmyfaith
x
HowToBeABlobfish
x
shadowdraconis
x
(edited 5 years ago)
In to watch - pop me in the tag list :tongue:
Good luck with Y12 from a fellow Maths applicant a year ahead :five:

What made you choose Oxford? :smile:
Original post by Protostar
In to watch - pop me in the tag list :tongue:
Good luck with Y12 from a fellow Maths applicant a year ahead :five:

What made you choose Oxford? :smile:

Great :smile: Thank you! Good luck to you as well! I read bits of your year 12 blog and it's amazing! If you make one for year 13 tag me in and I'll follow it :smile:
tbh Oxford started out as something I wanted to do as a kid because both my parents went there, but now I'm older then I see that it really is a good uni and I really like it there. There's also other aspects such as it's a really good distance from home (about an hour on the train or just a little more in the car) and because I've been up there to see my parent's friends and stuff I know it really well. I also like the fact that (if you choose your college carefully) then you can get in college accomodation for all years and I may be slightly addicted to one of their academic book shops...
Basically it's a combination of factors that started when I must have been about 7 :lol:
Oxford over Cambridge!!! Each to their own I guess😂😂, good luck with this, I'll defo be following along for tips myself
I've just been through your other GYG thread and decided I would like to follow this one :smile: I am going into year 12 and I'm also taking maths, further maths, chemistry (and biology)
Original post by OrangeArcher
I've just been through your other GYG thread and decided I would like to follow this one :smile: I am going into year 12 and I'm also taking maths, further maths, chemistry (and biology)

I'm also doing those 3 ( and physics)
Tag me on for sure! Oxford, better be ready for the Lemur :biggrin:
Original post by zq01
Oxford over Cambridge!!! Each to their own I guess😂😂, good luck with this, I'll defo be following along for tips myself

I'd literally never live it down if I went to Cambridge :lol:
Thank you!
Original post by Lemur14

Welcome to my 2017/18 GYG thread!! :woo:
Hey there!
(Yes I was totally just trying to see how many Gs and Ls I could get in that title!)
This thread is going to be the documentation of my year 12 journey to better grades. (Once the 2017/18 GYG forum is made I will move it over :smile:). The ultimate aim currently is to study maths at Oxford so after relatively successful GCSEs then this is the next stage to make my dream happen. I will be trying to update at the minimum weekly to tell you how I am doing and am aiming to improve on mistakes made at GCSE level to get the best A level results I can!

An introduction to me:
I'm @Lemur14

I'm a Community Assistant in the Study Help section of TSR :smile: I love maths as I'm sure anyone who reads any part of this blog will find out, but also performing arts, musicals, working with children and helping people! I also really enjoy dance and watching tennis (although the US Open this year is very disappointing). Other things I find interesting include politics (although I don't really know enough about it to debate beyond the basics), finance and analysing patterns and trends.

Academic History:

GCSEs

AS levels

Other

Important Dates

Here

Tags:
I'll add the tags in the morning...since it's 2am lol. If anyone has a GYG they would like me to follow then either put a link on here or tag me in it :grouphugs:

Tags

Love this! :rave: rooting for you :woo:
You crazy math loving person you :mmm:
Reply 10
Good luck :smile:
Yassss!! Good luck!!

The name is everything
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Love this! :rave: rooting for you :woo:
You crazy math loving person you :mmm:

Thanks! :hugs:
Maths :heart: You took it so you can't hate it that much :tongue: And I'm taking chemistry so...:woo:
Original post by Notnek
Good luck :smile:

Original post by chelseadagg3r
Yassss!! Good luck!!

The name is everything

Thank you! :hugs:
Yes the name is definitely everything!
Reply 14
Wait, do o*ford not make people take STEP? They might as well just get people to take Year 6 SATs.
Looking forward to this :tongue: Good Luck
Original post by Lemur14
Thanks! :hugs:
Maths :heart: You took it so you can't hate it that much :tongue: And I'm taking chemistry so...:woo:

:cube:
:flute:
Yasss :five:
Good luck! Rooting for you...no pun intended :lol: and that is some very nice alliteration in the title!
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
:cube:
:flute:
Yasss :five:

:five:
Original post by Sonechka
Good luck! Rooting for you...no pun intended :lol: and that is some very nice alliteration in the title!

Thank you! Congrats on hitting 1k posts :smile:
Yeah the title probably took nearly as long as the content to think of! I wanted a third L but I couldn't think of anything apart from lemur...and then I couldn't think of another G after Grade Growing :lol: Not quite sure it makes sense but it's done now so oh well!
Hey, good luck and definitely tag me in! Looking forward to reading your updates :cookie::woo:
I've got one of these myself lol

Quick Reply

Latest