The Student Room Group

Learning, Leisure and Lemur's Grade Growing Gateway to Grade Growth

Scroll to see replies

Hey Lemur! Do you mind adding me to the tag list?
I've been thinking of starting my own thread, so I'm currently stalking the GYG forum :colondollar:
I'd love to see how you get on this year! Good luck! :ciao:
Original post by Batgirl98
Hey, good luck and definitely tag me in! Looking forward to reading your updates :cookie::woo:
I've got one of these myself lol

Thank you :smile: If you tag me/put a link on here to yours then I'll definitely follow it!
Original post by Lemur14
Thank you :smile: If you tag me/put a link on here to yours then I'll definitely follow it!

That's alright no problem :tongue: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4912286 :colondollar: I'll be updating more regularly once term starts on the 11th btw
Original post by Historical Muse
Hey Lemur! Do you mind adding me to the tag list?
I've been thinking of starting my own thread, so I'm currently stalking the GYG forum :colondollar:
I'd love to see how you get on this year! Good luck! :ciao:

Hey! Yes, no problem :smile: If you do start your own thread then definitely tag me in it so I can follow along :smile: Thank you!
That's alright no problem :tongue: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4912286 :colondollar: I'll be updating more regularly once term starts on the 11th btw

I've watched your thread so I can see all your updates :smile: Good luck with your A levels! I start on the 11th as well :biggrin: No one else seems to be starting on the 11th for some reason lol
How exciting! Good luck Lemur! :h:
ayyy. I will enjoy reading this journey. Once again, well done on your gcses. 🎉🎉 good luck on your as journey
Original post by CoffeeGeek
How exciting! Good luck Lemur! :h:

Thank you!
Original post by Mosope17
ayyy. I will enjoy reading this journey. Once again, well done on your gcses. 🎉🎉 good luck on your as journey

Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck :h:
Original post by Gingerbread101
Good luck :h:

Thank you! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing maths , further maths , physics and chemistry as A levels and I also wanting to do the Maths course in Oxford. And good luck to u
Original post by Cailiheng
I'm doing maths , further maths , physics and chemistry as A levels and I also wanting to do the Maths course in Oxford. And good luck to u

Nice :smile: Thank you! :hugs: Good luck to you as well!
If you have a GYG thread then link it here and I'll follow it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Update 1
Well, it's back to school on Monday with induction on Thursday so I guess I should talk about one of my favourite things before I go back...stationery!
Stationery is literally one of my favourite things, especially buying it :lol: Unfortunately I still had a fair amount of stuff from year 11 so I needed nothing like a full set of stationery like I'd have liked to get :frown: But I did get a fair number of things like folders and loads of paper etc.

This (awful picture, sorry) shows some of the things i brought. The rest of the stuff was upstairs and Icould only be bothered to do 2 loads of stuff from upstairs so I didn't take a picture.

Protostar
x
Batgirl98
x
Historical Muse
x
CoffeeAndPolitics
x
Sonechka
x
If you want to be added to the tagged squad then just ask :smile:
Original post by Lemur14
Update 1
Well, it's back to school on Monday with induction on Thursday so I guess I should talk about one of my favourite things before I go back...stationery!
Stationery is literally one of my favourite things, especially buying it :lol: Unfortunately I still had a fair amount of stuff from year 11 so I needed nothing like a full set of stationery like I'd have liked to get :frown: But I did get a fair number of things like folders and loads of paper etc.

This (awful picture, sorry) shows some of the things i brought. The rest of the stuff was upstairs and Icould only be bothered to do 2 loads of stuff from upstairs so I didn't take a picture.

If you want to be added to the tagged squad then just ask :smile:

Stationeryyyyy :coma:

Although do I see narrow ruled paper :yucky:
Original post by Protostar
Stationeryyyyy :coma:

Although do I see narrow ruled paper :yucky:

:five:
Yeah my mum insisted I needed both narrow ruled and normal ruled so I got it to stop her going on about it lol... Apparently it's good for writing on every other line lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lemur14
:five:
Yeah my mum insisted I needed both narrow ruled and normal ruled so I got it to stop her going on about it lol... Apparently it's good for writing on every other line lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's the point of that :indiff: normal ruled paper alwayssssss :heart:
Whoops! Missed these messages earlier!
Original post by OrangeArcher
I've just been through your other GYG thread and decided I would like to follow this one :smile: I am going into year 12 and I'm also taking maths, further maths, chemistry (and biology)

Great, if you start a GYG thread tag me in it and I'll follow it :smile: Do you want tagging in updates or are you happy to stick with just watching the thread?
Original post by sivthasan
Tag me on for sure! Oxford, better be ready for the Lemur :biggrin:

Will do :smile: :lol::lol::lol:
Original post by Eulogy
Wait, do oxford not make people take STEP? They might as well just get people to take Year 6 SATs.

They don't include offers with it, but they do encourage people to take it, so as my school seems to also encourage people to do it then I'll probably end up sitting it as well. You have to do the MAT though which while might not be STEP is also difficult (and taken much earlier I believe, as it's November in year 13 rather than more like July).
Original post by Protostar
What's the point of that :indiff: normal ruled paper alwayssssss :heart:

To make her stop going on about it mostly...and when she goes do you have any ruled paper I can give her the horrible narrow stuff and she can't complain because she brought it!
Update 2-Induction
Today was my induction day at college. We were meant to be getting our timetables, but they weren't ready :frown: so we were shown how to access them from home instead. We've also been set up with gmail accounts (yes that horrible non windows platform) and are expected to download a lot of google apps that I don't have space for (since they won't go on the lovely SD card I have with 28GB storage spare...). We also had a talk from the principal (who was extremely enthusiastic :lol:) and time with our personal tutor (who sadly might not be our personal tutor if the timetables don't match tomorrow).
There's a few people from my old school, of whom 2 are ok, 1 I'm close with and the rest I'm not friends with at all, but I really like my PT atm so I'm praying they won't change! (More likely to change for me as I'm taking 4 subjects so the blocks are less likely to match :cry:)
Basically I'm in complete limbo until the timetables are done which for some reason I'm ridiculously nervous for...hoping for a nice timetable...maybe the odd morning/ last lesson off and hopefully a full block of frees (3 lessons per block). I know I have 4 blocks filled with lessons, then another with things like tutorial, STEP and embloyability so praying I haven't miscounted and I get those ones remaining as study.
Not much colour here...maybe I should try colouring certain subjects...although that wouldn't help here!

Protostar
x
Batgirl98
x
Historical Muse
x
CoffeeAndPolitics
x
Sonechka
x
Sivthasan
x
Original post by Lemur14
Update 2-Induction
Today was my induction day at college. We were meant to be getting our timetables, but they weren't ready :frown: so we were shown how to access them from home instead. We've also been set up with gmail accounts (yes that horrible non windows platform) and are expected to download a lot of google apps that I don't have space for (since they won't go on the lovely SD card I have with 28GB storage spare...). We also had a talk from the principal (who was extremely enthusiastic :lol:) and time with our personal tutor (who sadly might not be our personal tutor if the timetables don't match tomorrow).
There's a few people from my old school, of whom 2 are ok, 1 I'm close with and the rest I'm not friends with at all, but I really like my PT atm so I'm praying they won't change! (More likely to change for me as I'm taking 4 subjects so the blocks are less likely to match :cry:)
Basically I'm in complete limbo until the timetables are done which for some reason I'm ridiculously nervous for...hoping for a nice timetable...maybe the odd morning/ last lesson off and hopefully a full block of frees (3 lessons per block). I know I have 4 blocks filled with lessons, then another with things like tutorial, STEP and embloyability so praying I haven't miscounted and I get those ones remaining as study.
Not much colour here...maybe I should try colouring certain subjects...although that wouldn't help here!

Yay fun stuff :tongue: I've got my Induction Day on the 11th so I'll update mine then :biggrin:, but yours sounds like it went well on the whole (apart from the timetables and PT dilemma). Thanks for keeping me tagged ~ which subjects are you doing btw? x :hugs:
Yay fun stuff :tongue: I've got my Induction Day on the 11th so I'll update mine then :biggrin:, but yours sounds like it went well on the whole (apart from the timetables and PT dilemma). Thanks for keeping me tagged ~ which subjects are you doing btw? x :hugs:

No worries, looking forward to reading about your induction on Monday then :smile:
Whoops have I missed that out the op? That's quite important lol. I'm taking maths, further maths, chemistry and computing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending