The Student Room Group

Harris Westimster Sixth Form 2018 Applicants

Who else is thinking of applying to harris westminster sixth form?
If you are a current student, maybe you could give some guidance on the application process?

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
I can't find the link on the website to the application form although it says 2018 admissions are now open...anyone else had this problem?
Reply 3
Original post by Toastiekid
I can't find the link on the website to the application form although it says 2018 admissions are now open...anyone else had this problem?
yes im having the same problem but id rather wait until october since my predictive grades will be changed and i think mine are too low in some subjects
Reply 4
Original post by Toastiekid

Same here, but I've checked the website again and there is an online application form IMG_7579.PNG
(edited 6 years ago)
I applied but I probably shouldn't have because my Predicted Grades are probably too low. My predicted grades change in October. I should have waited until then. Im in a bit of a predicament.:angry::angry:

None the less I applied for History Politics PTE English Lit.
With my Interview on Politics and my entrance exam on History and Politics.

What about you guys? And what should I do with my problem above!!
Reply 6
Original post by Lord Pepe
I applied but I probably shouldn't have because my Predicted Grades are probably too low. My predicted grades change in October. I should have waited until then. Im in a bit of a predicament.:angry::angry:

I have the exact same problem, but I'm sure that if you get the requiered grades in August you can still manage to get in if they have spaces left. So far I'm thinking on doing chemistry, biology and Spanish but I don't know if it is compulsory to pic a fourth option. Help please?
Original post by kawaii27
I have the exact same problem, but I'm sure that if you get the requiered grades in August you can still manage to get in if they have spaces left. So far I'm thinking on doing chemistry, biology and Spanish but I don't know if it is compulsory to pic a fourth option. Help please?

For Harris you have to pick four

Hi,
As a current hwsf student I can tell you that predicted grades hold little importance in the application process. They offer you a place based on the entrance exam and the interviews.
Reply 9
anyone coming to the open evening tomorrow?
Original post by SaDe7
anyone coming to the open evening tomorrow?

I am
Honestly im not even sure if I want to apply for harris. I think im gonna come to the open evening and see how it is...
Original post by Londonsfinest
I am

Me too! Going at 6:45...
Reply 13
i went at 7:30

Just submit another application form. That's what I did because I changed my mind about one of my subjects and they took my most recent application into consideration. Either that or call them up and explain the situation and ask if they would consider another application from you.
Just came back from the open evening and it was absolutely amazing!!! I think I definitely want to go here! I have applied to do English Literature, History, Politics and Economics.
Reply 16
From experience, don't go to a Harris school.

Nobody likes them.
Original post by Traore
From experience, don't go to a Harris school.

Nobody likes them.

Seriously? What's bad about them? The only Harris schools I have heard of are Harris Boys and Harris Falconwood, and I thought they were OK. Could you please elaborate?
Reply 18
Original post by HisMajesty_Kwabz
Seriously? What's bad about them? The only Harris schools I have heard of are Harris Boys and Harris Falconwood, and I thought they were OK. Could you please elaborate?

I can't defend them in any form so far. The way they treat the staff is horrible, and it has an evident effect on your education, a lot of teachers wont last long there. They stress you out so much, it's literally soooo much homework and staying behind for a few hours and all that kind of stuff. The federation are all stuck-up. Poor Lord Harris has no idea what is going on, it's those pompous *******s who are high up making all the calls, ruining education for their own selfish desires.

You might be in 3 of my 4 lessons. Let's be friends!

Quick Reply

Latest