My diet and improving it

Watch
username3504254
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I really want to increase my protein intake and cut down the carbs but the issue is im 17 and have no time to cook/plan a diet. I am too engrossed in studies.

My family by no means gives me unhealthy food, it is just not as good as it can be. I am a healthy fit individual, yet i want to tone up a bit get a more defoned six pack etc.

My family keeps saying your healthy why do you care what you eat. It is so frustrating!

So my diet rn is cereal (meusli in morning) , sandwiches for lunch with ham , lettuce , tomatoes, apple and nuts. Dinner salad and a meal. So this is usually ok but my breakfast isnt great and my mum has a knack for making fun meals twice a week etc pancakes or something. I love her to bits but i cant help but feel that I could get a healthier diet on.

Any advice on easy meals i can make for myself that are healthy and quick to make?

Also is peanut butter actually good breakfast to have,?
CheeseIsVeg
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Mr.Bazaar)
I really want to increase my protein intake and cut down the carbs but the issue is im 17 and have no time to cook/plan a diet. I am too engrossed in studies.

My family by no means gives me unhealthy food, it is just not as good as it can be. I am a healthy fit individual, yet i want to tone up a bit get a more defoned six pack etc.

My family keeps saying your healthy why do you care what you eat. It is so frustrating!

So my diet rn is cereal (meusli in morning) , sandwiches for lunch with ham , lettuce , tomatoes, apple and nuts. Dinner salad and a meal. So this is usually ok but my breakfast isnt great and my mum has a knack for making fun meals twice a week etc pancakes or something. I love her to bits but i cant help but feel that I could get a healthier diet on.

Any advice on easy meals i can make for myself that are healthy and quick to make?

Also is peanut butter actually good breakfast to have,?
pasta can be made healthy and is quick :dontknow:

Would say no with the peanut butter. Stuff like porridge is good, not too many carbs and fills you up so you don't have to eat as much later on in the day.
Best of luck, don't worry too much though. Your current diet is not bad as it is.
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Peanut butter is good as it contains more protein than other spreads, try adding it to porridge or having it on toast? Snacks like nuts and yogurt also contain protein. You could always have eggs with breakfast too.
AnnaGlypta
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I guess it would depend on the brand of peanut butter. Sun pat will have a lot of sugar and oil in. You'd be better of with a nut butter such as almond, you could always make your own.

Also for your lunch instead of having bread, have more salad such as mixed leaf, lettuce ect.

You diet does sound good over all though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (135)
58.7%
No (52)
22.61%
Not sure (43)
18.7%

Watched Threads