The Student Room Group

Medicine requirements

I have always dreamed of a career in medicine BUT... For the past 4 years I have been diagnosed with various mental illnesses which have meant that I had to leave school and be home educated. I have tonnes of work experience and I'm predicted A*AA in my A levels (biology, chemistry, maths) which I'm doing as a home educated student. Due to illness and other unforseen circumstances I only have 6 GCSEs. 3A's (lit, lang, maths), 2B's (biology, humanities) and a C in chemistry. Is it possible to study medicine with these GCSEs or shall I look at doing an accelerated GCSE and resits of chemistry?
It might be best to apply when you have your results as your science GCSE results are very low. Did you do AS levels?
Original post by redhelen
It might be best to apply when you have your results as your science GCSE results are very low. Did you do AS levels?

Don't you have to apply before you get results? I haven't sat any As'...
Original post by DizzyDaisy10
Don't you have to apply before you get results? I haven't sat any As'...

You normally apply at the beginning of your A2 year.
I think a gap year might be best because applying this year it's unlikely you'll get interviews and it is time consuming. If it were me I would put all my energy into getting at least my As at A level.

Quick Reply

Latest