Dave4Rave
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,

I've been told that I am unable to take English Lit at Sixth Form, so I need to quickly decide something else. I was thinking Media Studies, but my school prospectus says

"Media Studies and Film Studies specifications are due to change for September 2017 start. These specifications will be announced soon"

Does anyone know if the information has been released yet? I just want to know what I would be doing.

Many thanks.
XLittleSparrowX
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It depends on which exam board that your sixth form are using for Media. Below, however, are the two main Media Studies exam boards so I'd have a little look at both of them and their new spec to see if Media Studies is for you.

http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/media...a-studies-7572

http://www.wjec.co.uk/qualifications...dies-gce-2017/

If you have any general questions, though. Do ask!
Dave4Rave
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Thank you for the reply, I do have one question.

Does the course allow me to work independently or would you say it is likely that I would have to work as a group. This just seems like a subject with group work and I prefer working independently.
XLittleSparrowX
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Dave4Rave)
Thank you for the reply, I do have one question.

Does the course allow me to work independently or would you say it is likely that I would have to work as a group. This just seems like a subject with group work and I prefer working independently.
For AS WJEC we did a piece of work that was centred around independent work. Unfortunately, I can't predict what your sixth form will choose as the project. If by any chance you do work in a group and you have any issues about working in a group, your teacher might be able to let you do something else. I did GCSE (AQA) and AS (WJEC) on those exam boards and there has been one person in each that has done a different piece of work to others. Of course, most sixth forms have a trial period and if you can ask your teacher if it will be group work, it should be planned out and they should be able to tell you. If it is group work and you're really against that, you can probably change your subject to something else.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (5)
4.9%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (16)
15.69%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (19)
18.63%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (11)
10.78%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (33)
32.35%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (18)
17.65%

Watched Threads