The Student Room Group

Vegetarian/Vegan food

Looking at colleges to apply to, can anyone recommend (or warn against) colleges with good veggie and vegan food?

Thanks
Original post by dogdogdog
Looking at colleges to apply to, can anyone recommend (or warn against) colleges with good veggie and vegan food?

Thanks

Trinity has the best food of the colleges I've been to. Generally you're going to want to look for choice - Trinity had loads of choice the few times I went there for formal/lunch, and the vegetarian food I had was very delicious (and much better than at my college!).
Original post by periodicity
Trinity has the best food of the colleges I've been to. Generally you're going to want to look for choice - Trinity had loads of choice the few times I went there for formal/lunch, and the vegetarian food I had was very delicious (and much better than at my college!).

Thank you! Which college do you go to? And are there any colleges you would suggest to definitely avoid?
Reply 3
Original post by dogdogdog
Thank you! Which college do you go to? And are there any colleges you would suggest to definitely avoid?

Magdalen's vegetarian food always used to be pretty poor. I don't know if things have changed much since I graduated the 2016 Veggie Norrington Table would suggest not.
Reply 4
Original post by BJack
Magdalen's vegetarian food always used to be pretty poor. I don't know if things have changed much since I graduated the 2016 Veggie Norrington Table would suggest not.

Original post by periodicity

Is Lincoln really as bad as that table would suggest?!
Reply 5
Original post by Etoile
x

No idea, I'm afraid I've never eaten at Lincoln. Given my experience at Magdalen, I considered it generally safer to cook for myself rather than risk hall food!
Reply 6
Original post by BJack
No idea, I'm afraid I've never eaten at Lincoln. Given my experience at Magdalen, I considered it generally safer to cook for myself rather than risk hall food!

Yes, quite - I've just graduated from the Cambridge college with the reputation for the worst food, so was hoping for something better during graduate life haha. Apparently at Lincoln you have to pay about £80 in advance to use in hall, but you can also use it in the bar I think so perhaps I'll just get lots of wine...
Original post by Etoile
Is Lincoln really as bad as that table would suggest?!

Also have not tried it. Generally I agree with BJack - college food is not something to be relied on in my experience!
@Seungmin.I - you were asking about veggie food, so you might like to follow this thread!

For the OP - Woosta (Worcester) College has good food generally, though in my day (admittedly 7 years ago) the vegetarian options focused heavily on mushrooms, so depends how much you like them! :ninja:

Quick Reply