Rennae
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi guys
I don't know what to do for year 11 because I feel like I should write up notes from last year in my revision notebooks and then transfer them on to flashcards or another form of revision material. This is mainly for the sciences and history. Do you think that it is too much work to be doing both? Is it pointless? Should I just do the revision material straight from the textbook and PowerPoints?
Please help me I'm really lost.
Thanks
ArcaneMists
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Every person has a different way of studying. I would say do what you normally do. If you have time then making revision materials can help.
larkspurs
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Rennae)
Hi guys
I don't know what to do for year 11 because I feel like I should write up notes from last year in my revision notebooks and then transfer them on to flashcards or another form of revision material. This is mainly for the sciences and history. Do you think that it is too much work to be doing both? Is it pointless? Should I just do the revision material straight from the textbook and PowerPoints?
Please help me I'm really lost.
Thanks
If you have time, I would rewrite revision materials from the textbook but use whatever you made before for ways to remember? Depending on what type of learner you are, make revision resources based on that?

Hope this helps!
Danny7867
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by larkspurs)
If you have time, I would rewrite revision materials from the textbook but use whatever you made before for ways to remember? Depending on what type of learner you are, make revision resources based on that?

Hope this helps!
how can you find what type of learner you are
larkspurs
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Danny7867)
how can you find what type of learner you are
Try this: http://www.educationplanner.org/stud...les-quiz.shtml

But what type of revision has worked before?
Rennae
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by larkspurs)
Try this: http://www.educationplanner.org/stud...les-quiz.shtml

But what type of revision has worked before?
To be honest when I revised in year 10 for science I just did random notes here and there or watched videos and kinda winged it and done well so there isn't a specific type of revision that I've done. That's why I don't want to go into year 11 not knowing what revision works
larkspurs
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Rennae)
To be honest when I revised in year 10 for science I just did random notes here and there or watched videos and kinda winged it and done well so there isn't a specific type of revision that I've done. That's why I don't want to go into year 11 not knowing what revision works
The quiz will help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (66)
14.93%
I'm not sure (16)
3.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (148)
33.48%
I have already dropped out (7)
1.58%
I'm not a current university student (205)
46.38%

Watched Threads