Been told I probably have a tumour.

Watch
larkspurs
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Title says it all. I'll find out for certain in two days. AMA.
username3431918
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I can't even imagine what this would feel like. You're in my thoughts OP. Where is this supposed tumour?
Anonymous #1
Report 2 years ago
What results are they waiting for in 2 days?
Quizlet
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by larkspurs)
I've had many tumors. Don't worry if you do have one, remember that it could be non cancerous and it may not affect you at all (I had a tumor that didn't affect me for an odd 6 years and it was easily removed). Which area do they think you have the tumor?
larkspurs
Rep:
?
(Original post by Quizlet)
I've had many tumors. Don't worry if you do have one, remember that it could be non cancerous and it may not affect you at all (I had a tumor that didn't affect me for an odd 6 years and it was easily removed). Which area do they think you have the tumor?
Either my pituitary or adrenal gland... I think I'm going to have to have treatment.

What was your treatment like? How old are you? How have you coped?
Quizlet
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Either my pituitary or adrenal gland... I think I'm going to have to have treatment.

I've had one on my pituitary gland. A very nice surgery and it was removed pretty quickly and I had no compilations whatsoever. It's probably benign (non cancerous) if it's on your pituitary gland/adrenal gland so don't worry! Most people have a very quick and easy recovery time and it's probably a one off. Hope this settles some worries.

I'm 16, treatments for me have always been good and I've coped really well with tumors, sometimes I get pain but it's never 'over the top'.
999tigger
Report 2 years ago

Worrying times and not much to say, but probably isnt definite and quizlet gave you good insight. Try and keep busy and id suggest against trying to self diagnose yourself until you know more or you are confident you understand what you are reading. You could get it wrong and misdiagnose causing needless worry. GL and hope to turns out neither to exist or be benign.
larkspurs
Rep:
?
I've had one on my pituitary gland. A very nice surgery and it was removed pretty quickly and I had no compilations whatsoever. It's probably benign (non cancerous) if it's on your pituitary gland/adrenal gland so don't worry! Most people have a very quick and easy recovery time and it's probably a one off. Hope this settles some worries.

I'm 16, treatments for me have always been good and I've coped really well with tumors, sometimes I get pain but it's never 'over the top'.
Thanks! I'm 17 and I have never dealt with this before but I've always been ill, I've had lots of operations and I'm in hospital a lot. It's just a lot to take in, you know?
Quizlet
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thanks! I'm 17 and I have never dealt with this before but I've always been ill, I've had lots of operations and I'm in hospital a lot. It's just a lot to take in, you know?
Hope you're okay . If you do get a tumour there, just remember that the surgery is pretty much safe, there's rarely any complications and it's probably a one off non cancerous tumour.
larkspurs
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Worrying times and not much to say, but probably isnt definite and quizlet gave you good insight. Try and keep busy and id suggest against trying to self diagnose yourself until you know more or you are confident you understand what you are reading. You could get it wrong and misdiagnose causing needless worry. GL and hope to turns out neither to exist or be benign.
Thanks. I hope so too.
larkspurs
Rep:
?
Hope you're okay . If you do get a tumour there, just remember that the surgery is pretty much safe, there's rarely any complications and it's probably a one off non cancerous tumour.
Thank you, means a lot. I'm just freaking out and needed to share.
JMR2020.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I hope and pray it's nothing serious. Get well soon.
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have a benign pituitary tumor. They said there's no point removing it unless it starts pressing on my optic nerve or causing other problems. I hope, if you have one, yours is similarly unproblematic. :hugs:
Quizlet
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sabertooth)
I have a benign pituitary tumor. They said there's no point removing it unless it starts pressing on my optic nerve or causing other problems. I hope, if you have one, yours is similarly unproblematic. :hugs:
Mine had to be removed quite quickly due to my pulse increasing to a worrying 130 bpm. It's awesome that you're doing okay .
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Mine had to be removed quite quickly due to my pulse increasing to a worrying 130 bpm. It's awesome that you're doing okay .
That is worrying but I'm glad to hear that they were able to remove yours without problem. The idea of surgery can be really scary especially with it being so close to the optic nerve so I'm quite happy just leaving mine where it is. They just check it with an MRI occasionally - it's been 5 years without change so far.
larkspurs
Rep:
?
Thanks everyone. If the tumour is there then they will remove it because its causing a lot of problems but thanks for sharing your experiences, its made me feel a lot better! I'll keep you updated!
Michael1847
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Damn I can't imagine how stressful that is, hope everything goes okay!
larkspurs
Rep:
?
That is worrying but I'm glad to hear that they were able to remove yours without problem. The idea of surgery can be really scary especially with it being so close to the optic nerve so I'm quite happy just leaving mine where it is. They just check it with an MRI occasionally - it's been 5 years without change so far.
Thats great!
larkspurs
Rep:
?
(Original post by Michael1847)
Damn I can't imagine how stressful that is, hope everything goes okay!
Thanks
Quizlet
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Great to hear :-). Don't worry if there are any changes or if you have to have surgery in the near future, I can assure you it's one of the 'safer' surgeries and rarely there's any complications.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (147)
15.61%
Uncertainty around my education (155)
16.45%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (89)
9.45%
Isolating with family (65)
6.9%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (34)
3.61%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (83)
8.81%
Loneliness (95)
10.08%
Financial worries (40)
4.25%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (85)
9.02%
Exposure to negative news/social media (64)
6.79%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (85)
9.02%

Watched Threads