doing past paper questions from the old spec

Watch this thread
uka_qwer
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
i take biology chemistry and psychology. I was just wondering whether it is worth doing past paper questions from the old spec as there are not a lot of past papers available for the new spec
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by uka_qwer)
i take biology chemistry and psychology. I was just wondering whether it is worth doing past paper questions from the old spec as there are not a lot of past papers available for the new spec
Yes. I used old spec papers a lot for Biology.
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Yes absolutely do all of them even legacy papers from 2006 and before. They all have relevant content.
uka_qwer
Rep:
(Original post by Blue_Cow)
Yes. I used old spec papers a lot for Biology.
what exam board do you do ?
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by uka_qwer)
what exam board do you do ?
AQA.
uka_qwer
Rep:
(Original post by Mesopotamian.)
Yes absolutely do all of them even legacy papers from 2006 and before. They all have relevant content.
thanks
biohalle
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I cannot speak for psychology but for biology (I do AQA) and only some of the papers are relevant to the specification now I believe they are units 1 and 2. For chemistry (edexcel) I also did some last papers but you shouldn't get disheartened if you don't understand some of the questions as the spec is slightly different , the big difference being the multiple choice. But yes, I found them very useful due to the lack of resources given for these new specifications x hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (65)
27.78%
As I expected (73)
31.2%
Harder (88)
37.61%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.42%

Watched Threads