Economics Dissertation ideas

Watch this thread
rehan1996
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,
I am a final year student studying economics and econometrics at the University of Nottingham and am pretty stressed about my final year dissertation.

I do not want to pick a topic and change my mind half way into Uni and that is why I am posting on this forum.

My final year modules include advanced macroeconomic theory and financial economics. I was thinking of doing a dissertation on these lines.

The prospect of working on Bitcoin interested me but I have no clue on the area. What topics do you guys have in mind?
999tigger
Badges: 19
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by rehan1996)
Hi,
I am a final year student studying economics and econometrics at the University of Nottingham and am pretty stressed about my final year dissertation.

I do not want to pick a topic and change my mind half way into Uni and that is why I am posting on this forum.

My final year modules include advanced macroeconomic theory and financial economics. I was thinking of doing a dissertation on these lines.

The prospect of working on Bitcoin interested me but I have no clue on the area. What topics do you guys have in mind?
I really think with things like EPQ and even higher levels then the ideas should come from you. My reason is id hate to pick a title because someone mentioned it and then halfway into it find out I hated the topic.

Bitcoin and other internet currencies is a good topic imo, but to know if you are comfy with it just requires you to do your initial research and play about with the title so you have an interesting angle and know what it is you want to cover and then say. Read some articles and see whether it inspires.

Sometimes its worth a scan of the library to see if other peoples dissertations get stored and you can have access to them. Seeing what topics and how they pitched them should give you some guidance.

If you are really clueless then start with the BBC, broadsheets and economic press , then expand.
tye1
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Do what you are interested in...

I think it would be better if you go for Macroeconomic fundamentals like GDP, interest rate, govt spending as independent variables and then seeing their impact on dependent variable (that you can select accordingly).
TakingMyTimeOnMy
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Why policies fail in the context of a political economics
So looking at public choice theory which is more behavioural economics, macro conflicts
Good luck but I think as the dissertation is so long and a lot of work it should come from the heart
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (137)
66.83%
No (46)
22.44%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
10.73%

Watched Threads