The Student Room Group

what is an average persons general meal plan

I am struggling with sticking to a healthy lifestyle and cutting out processed food. I have lost 3 stone over the past year and reached my goal weight after previously being overweight however I am now rlly interested in eating healthy, staying active and doing what's right for my body. unfortunately i have no idea how to go about starting a healthy lifestyle, I'm quite active and eat my fruit and veg everyday but due to living with my junk food/ processed food orientated parents i cant start eating proper home cooked dinners. All i eat are ready meals and processed carbs like waffles, aunt bessies roasties e.c.t. on the plus side it fits my macros and the ready meals i get are very low in anything unhealthy however i doubt that they contain many vitamins or important substances like protein. plus they don't have much veg or fruit on the side. Anyone got any tips on how I can get motivated to start cooking for myself.
Original post by nutritionmadchel
I am struggling with sticking to a healthy lifestyle and cutting out processed food. I have lost 3 stone over the past year and reached my goal weight after previously being overweight however I am now rlly interested in eating healthy, staying active and doing what's right for my body. unfortunately i have no idea how to go about starting a healthy lifestyle, I'm quite active and eat my fruit and veg everyday but due to living with my junk food/ processed food orientated parents i cant start eating proper home cooked dinners. All i eat are ready meals and processed carbs like waffles, aunt bessies roasties e.c.t. on the plus side it fits my macros and the ready meals i get are very low in anything unhealthy however i doubt that they contain many vitamins or important substances like protein. plus they don't have much veg or fruit on the side. Anyone got any tips on how I can get motivated to start cooking for myself.

Get a healthy living cookbook and start marking pages that interest you or that you think you could make easily.
Make subtle suggestions to your parents of these recipes/ new foods.
Offer to prepare or fully create these meals for your parents to try.
If all else fails, do research on what types of ready meals are healthier and more balanced and then ask for those.

Sorry if this isn't helpful but my parents decided that they themselves wanted to stop eating all processed food so I didn't have to do anything. We now eat all freshly prepared meals and all feel healthier and become ill less frequently!

Quick Reply

Latest