The Student Room Group

Southampton GEM A101 / BM4 Applicants for 2018 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lister234
I’ve been given Thursday, in the afternoon. I may have to cancel my interview though as my company needs me to go abroad for a week 😭 so you may even be offered my spot!

Noooo, that's so annoying :frown: Do you think your company would let you reschedule or not go? If not, it'd be a real shame if you were suddenly "very ill" on the day you're supposed to fly out:tongue:

I think I might be just under the cut off, I have two interviews for elsewhere so it's not the end of the world if I don't get one. It's just annoying having to wait for the inevitable rejection :colondollar:
got a rejection from Southampton last night but not entirely sure why... got 790 ukcat and predicted 1st in undergrad with 3As at alevel (maths, bio & chem). so not entirely sure why the rejection. it's weird, I thought Southampton was my one guaranteed interview and the other places were my wild cards 😂😂😂
Original post by tkoki1993
got a rejection from Southampton last night but not entirely sure why... got 790 ukcat and predicted 1st in undergrad with 3As at alevel (maths, bio & chem). so not entirely sure why the rejection. it's weird, I thought Southampton was my one guaranteed interview and the other places were my wild cards 😂😂😂

Assuming u applied for BM4? Have you checked for a reason on track / emailed them? Seems odd to have been rejected with those stats. What was ur UG in? What was your breakdown for UKCAT - may have been a specific section that let you down? Or personal statement maybe?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by uwotuwot
Assuming u applied for BM4? Have you checked for a reason on track / emailed them? Seems odd to have been rejected with those stats. What was your breakdown for UKCAT - may have been a specific section that let you down? Or personal statement maybe?

called them earlier. person I spoke to wasn't too helpful; "they can't give specific feedback on applications" -_- .

UKCAT lowest section was 710 with sjt band 1. undergrad in medical sciences. I *think* my personal statement is good... but I applied to Southampton specifically because they don't look at personal statement in screening for interviews so thought I would definitely have an interview.

it's not the end of the world, I have interviews at my other options. it's all just very surprising. I've emailed both the med school and gen admissions anyway
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by tkoki1993

I'd look into this more if I were you, because all of your stats are better than mine and I was offered an interview :/
Reply 65
Has anyone got the letter yet?
Original post by em2018

Nope :/
Original post by em2018

Letter?
Reply 68
Letter?

They said that they’d send more information about the interview day in the post
Original post by em2018

Yep got one today
Is anyone else still waiting to hear back? I think my UKCAT is on the borderline of the interview cut off so I assume it's a rejection since it's getting so close to the interview dates but I still haven't heard anything from them :redface:
anyone have any idea what to expect from the interview and group task? can't seem to find much out about it!

like who are the interviewers? and what sort of task for the group part..?
Reply 72
Anyone have any idea how long the interviews take? Need to book my trains
Original post by db23
Anyone have any idea how long the interviews take? Need to book my trains

I think interviews take about 20 mins and group task about 30 mins.
Anyone else absolutely ******** themselves about the group task?

Also, any ideas as to when we'll hear back with offers/rejections? Last year Southampton got back in 2/3 weeks, but obviously this year's interviews are a little later so it's hard to predict...
Anyone else absolutely ******** themselves about the group task?

Also, any ideas as to when we'll hear back with offers/rejections? Last year Southampton got back in 2/3 weeks, but obviously this year's interviews are a little later so it's hard to predict...

I'm actually more nervous about the interview!!
Good luck to everyone who went today!

Anyone know when we hear back?
Original post by Smason22
Good luck to everyone who went today!

Anyone know when we hear back?

2 weeks apparently
2 weeks apparently

Thanks! Where did you hear that?
Reply 79
Was fun today. Think I did ok but it's so hard to tell sometimes...

And so the nervous wait begins!

Nervous wait #2 for me... does that mean double the anxiety, or half because Ive now got double chances...? 🤔

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending