This discussion is closed.
Bence9912
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I understand how to answer the questions and generally able to answer them but get about half way through the questions by the time the time for that section runs out.
Any tips on how to speed up and get to answer all questions?
Good/usefull resources?
all advice is welcome.
COYS...TTID
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What website/resources are you currently using?

VR: I read the questions then ound the answers, instead of reading the whole passage. For the statement ones, start with statements with dates/numbers/proper nouns in them, which are easier to find in the text and therefore quicker to confirm or not.

DM: nlot much to say apart from try not to spend too long on the 5 answer ones

QR: not time pressured in the real thing, much easier qs than medify etc, make sure you're fine with % change, time, conversions etc which come up a lot

AR: practice practice practice

SJ: If you find this time pressured get your head checked haha
Hope this helps and isnt too late
AdamCW
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
'SJ: If you find this time pressured get your head checked haha
Hope this helps and isnt too late '

haha So true
Bence9912
Rep:
?
(Original post by COYS...TTID)

VR: I read the questions then ound the answers, instead of reading the whole passage. For the statement ones, start with statements with dates/numbers/proper nouns in them, which are easier to find in the text and therefore quicker to confirm or not.

QR: not time pressured in the real thing, much easier qs than medify etc, make sure you're fine with % change, time, conversions etc which come up a lot

medic portal questions
and bought medic mind tutorial
Bence9912
Rep:
?

Yes non of them are time pressured now that i have done a lot of practice except verbal reasoning which i just can get the hang of.
COYS...TTID
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Bence9912)
Yes non of them are time pressured now that i have done a lot of practice except verbal reasoning which i just can get the hang of.
Nice, good luck! When is ur UKCAT?
Bence9912
Rep:
?
Nice, good luck! When is ur UKCAT?
8 days
londongirl1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi all!

I’m applying for GEM and am about a week into preparing for the UKCAT. I’m finding the timing really tough at the moment and only manage to get through about half of the AR questions before the time is up. I’m also finding that a lot is the AR questions on Medify are really hard and take too long to find the pattern. Hopefully this will get easier?!
RickHendricks
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You should get Medify (i've got it)

and do a test from it. It will tell you how much time you spend on the sections + average time of a student.
londongirl1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have Medify and am finding it really helpful but find that I’m spending too long on the questions. 🙁
aqua_
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Especially for QR: use the keyboard commands e.g. if I remember correctly, control F is flag, contorl C is calculator. Don't use the mouse as this is extremely time consuming. If this gives you some sort of reassurance, I got really high scores in QR and AR but I didn't get to go through all the questions, I just spent the last 10 seconds in each section to randomly choose answers. Just flag those that you struggle with, and leave them till the very end
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (64)
23.36%
No (210)
76.64%

Watched Threads