Watch
This discussion is closed.
Trapz99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-41135727

Rohingya Muslims have faced decades of persecution in Myanmar and are not given citizenship. Since last week, attacks against them from Buddhist mobs has erupted again and hundreds of homes have been destroyed. It's estimated that 58000 Rohingyas have made it across the border to Bangladesh.
King Koala
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What if I told you Indonesia was once a Buddhist country.
Legendary Quest
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by King Koala)
So?

That makes this ok?
Trapz99
Rep:
?
I knew that already. It used to follow religions similar to Hinduism and Buddhism and local folk traditions. And?
King Koala
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Trapz99)
I knew that already. It used to follow religions similar to Hinduism and Buddhism and local folk traditions. And?
It's now a predominantly Muslim country.
Mazza2000
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Does that make genocide ok?
Trapz99
Rep:
?
My point is, who cares? It used to be Buddhist, now its Muslim. The Philippines didn't use to be Catholic. People and societies can change religions, no problem. That doesn't justify the genocide of Muslims in Myanmar in any way whatsoever
TSR Mustafa
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You're ****ing vile
King Koala
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Mazza2000)
Does that make genocide ok?
Absolutley not, but lets not forget that Buddhists are persucted in Muslim countries
Vikingninja
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
So, we used to be Catholic and that got replaced, so ****ing what? Going to say protestants deserve to be attacked by Catholics?
King Koala
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Trapz99)
My point is, who cares? It used to be Buddhist, now its Muslim. The Philippines didn't use to be Catholic. People and societies can change religions, no problem. That doesn't justify the genocide of Muslims in Myanmar in any way whatsoever
I'm not saying that it justifies genocide, but how do you think Indonesia became a Muslim country.
Mazza2000
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
People kill yes. Religion does not order them to kill innocent people. What I do not understand is when hearing something sickening like this what is the point of even trying to justify it? It is unjustifiable whoever kills another, and no religion in the world allows the murder of innocent people.
Mazza2000
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Masstech)
muslims regularly oppress and persecute minorities in their countries so this is no different.
And you're ok with innocent people being slaughtered in their own land? I am a Muslim, and if there is an instance of Muslims oppressing anybody who is of a different religion of course I am absolutely against that as I am absolutely agains what is happening to the Muslims in Myanmar.
Mazza2000
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lórien)
good, about time muslims got a taste of their own medicine
tbf not sure why I'm bothering if people are this ignorant but seriously look in to what is happening there. Children are being burnt alive. How on earth can you justify that? And Muslims are getting a taste of their own medicine? Do you think terrorism doesn't effect Muslims? Even in 9/11 Muslims were killed. in Pakistan 132 school children were killed by the Taliban in 2014. Every single day Muslims are being killed in Iraq and these country because of terrorists. And when they attacked England, don't you think we were shocked and hurt? My friend was at the Manchester Arena at the time of the bomb. Don't you think we are afraid of what is happening?
JMR2020.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Disgusted at the number of sickening comments on this thread...
username3025040
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Some of these comments are really uncalled for lmao. My heart goes out to them, they don't deserve this.
username2228735
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Mazza2000)
And you're ok with innocent people being slaughtered in their own land?
'Own' land? Do you have evidence that this is their land?
Mazza2000
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Aceadria)
'Own' land? Do you have evidence that this is their land?
They were born there. They live there. They have been living there since the 16th century.

And let's assume they were migrants. Does that make it ok for their children to be burnt alive? For their homes to be destroyed?
YourGoddamnRight
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
So much stupidity on this thread!

its hurtin ma brains mayne

If any of u haters actually go to a muslim country, you'll find that people are much more honest and kind than the UK,
HucktheForde
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I am a bit torn on this issue because the rohingya's are the one who started this fight. Of course retaliation will only recycle the violence but can they make a peace deal or something.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (136)
28.51%
No - I have already returned home (65)
13.63%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (93)
19.5%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (45)
9.43%
No - I live at home during term anyway (138)
28.93%

Watched Threads