The Student Room Group

Russell Group Universities Law llb

Do all Russell Group universities only accept AAA or above for llb law
On paper yes. But if you are highly likely to achieve an ABB or above then you should still apply and have a fair chance. Even perhaps ABC or BBB but be wary.
All the best, remember, no harm applying to some higher places so long as you have some more 'back up' unis too.
Reply 2
Original post by dannydevil117

I'm about to start Law at LSE rn, and a girl I know managed to get in on AAB despite an offer of A*AA.

Oxbridge and LSE, are usually least lenient on results day. However, what I've heard and what seems to make sense given the people I know at LSE who missed their grades but still got in, is that great GCSEs, ASs (basically a good track record), a good personal statement and a good reference will get you an offer. That is the biggest cut off point. Only around 7% of Law applicants get into LSE and each year has about 185 Law students.

That's with 10% of offer holders (across LSE) not making their grades. So those 185 people are 90% of Law offer holders and 7% of law applicants.

So basically what I'm saying is, with a subject like Law, they've often already been so selective in giving you an offer, that if you fall short of the offer, which ranges from A*AA to AAB ish, you technically have a better chance overall at getting in than with some subjects.....I hope that makes sense. Basically make a very good application.
Original post by dannydevil117

No, a few of them have lower requirements than AAA (i.e. Liverpool).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending