Watch
Sykeology
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi,

I'm applying for a Postgraduate loan.
I had previously applied this year for an MSc in Forensic Psychology at NTU. However, it took 3 months to get my interview, and over a month later I was told that my application was rejected due to not turning up to the interview (I did, they acknowledged it, it's all a massive mess and of course I didn't get it for reasons other than that), however I digress.

Only today - Over 2 months later - have I been told that my application for student finance has been rejected due to my application not being finished. Now, I had recieved, filled in and sent off my declaration and completed the entirety of the online form. I have since not heard of anything else being needed so I assume that there was nothing else necessary for my application. Yet, the letter I received states:
"You stated a Postgraduate Loan application, but didn't finish this. Because your account has been inactive, we've cancelled your application for this year."

1. Why? Is it because I've had to change the course I'm doing?
2. Was there something else necessary that I haven't been told?
3. If I apply now - Late as it is - Do I need to resubmit everything despite having followed everything I was told?

If I have to do all of the application process again for no reason other than being told I have apparently not provided everything, and the process takes 4-6 weeks to sort out. So when I start my course, my student finance application is only just being considered, let alone processed along, despite the fact that I had submitted and completed everything in good time?
Laura S SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi Sykeology,

You'll be pleased to know you wouldn't need to do the whole application again. If we haven't received a valid online declaration form within a certain period of time your application auto cancels. This can be reinstated by sending a valid declaration form so it wouldn't take long to have your application active again. You can get print your declaration form from the letters and emails section of your online account as we would have sent this along with your most recent Notification of Entitlement (NOE) letter.

Thanks
Sykeology
Rep:
?
(Original post by Laura S SFE)
Hi Sykeology,

You'll be pleased to know you wouldn't need to do the whole application again. If we haven't received a valid online declaration form within a certain period of time your application auto cancels. This can be reinstated by sending a valid declaration form so it wouldn't take long to have your application active again. You can get print your declaration form from the letters and emails section of your online account as we would have sent this along with your most recent Notification of Entitlement (NOE) letter.

Thanks
Thanks Laura,
That's great news. So to my understanding I just need to send my declaration off again?

If I do this ASAP, am I to still get my student finance on time?
Miriam SFE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi Sykeology

We have been updated by our Postgraduate Loans team who have advised that if your application has gone through the auto cancellation process due to inactivity, they will require a new application to be submitted as they will be unable to reinstate your application.

We are sorry for the inconvenience this may cause you. Once you have submitted your new application it should be reviewed within approximately three working days. We will also require a new declaration form to be sent with this application. If you have any question on this, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Thanks Miriam
Sykeology
Rep:
?
(Original post by Miriam SFE)
Hi Sykeology

We have been updated by our Postgraduate Loans team who have advised that if your application has gone through the auto cancellation process due to inactivity, they will require a new application to be submitted as they will be unable to reinstate your application.

We are sorry for the inconvenience this may cause you. Once you have submitted your new application it should be reviewed within approximately three working days. We will also require a new declaration form to be sent with this application. If you have any question on this, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Thanks Miriam
Hi Miriam/SFE Representative,

I've just checked my SFE account, and it states:

"What happens next

We've got everything we need from you and your payments are ready to be made..."

Great as this sounds, is there some kind of mistake here that may bite me back later? I haven't actually sent off a new declaration form (however I did submite a new application a few days ago). I'm a little puzzled as to why it's saying it's all good now despite having previously been told I need a new declaration form too.
Miriam SFE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi Skyeology

If it's not asking for a Online Declaration Form it means your application has been accepted and approved, what you can do is speak to one of our advisers in the Postgraduate Loan Team to access your account and make sure everything is up to date.

PGL Contact Tel:0300 100 0031

Thanks Miriam
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (19)
30.65%
No (43)
69.35%

Watched Threads