Meeting another girl without my girlfriend knowing... Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So my girlfriend is great. We bought a house together and things are good. She was my first girlfriend however and I feel like I missed out on some stuff. We've been going out 4 years and I probably wasn't as good looking and certainly didn't get the attention I do now from other girls when out.

I was recently on holiday with friends and a girl put her number in my phone. Was just banter but thought I could get the lads hooked up with her friends another night while we were away but didn't materialise. Anyway I stupidly text this girl when we got home when bored and she seems quite into me and wants to meet up. She is extremely attractive (a 10... and I don't give them out easily!) and I'm finding it hard to say no. Would there be any harm in going to meet her for a drink? Let's say I just wanted to bang her to get it out my system and move on and probably end up marrying my current girlfriend. I don't want to break up with my girlfriend but part of me would quite enjoy being single again... but I'd miss her.

The above is a bit of a jumbled mess but so is my head right now. Any advice?
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
If you're gonna sleep with this girl, break up with your current girlfriend. She deserves better than a cheating scumbag.
furiousmushroom
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Cheating on someone, especially a long term partner, is one of the most hurtful, excrutiating things you can do to another human being.

And even if she never finds out - the guilt of that one night will live with you much longer than the pleasure of it will.

Just don't do it man. If you want to break up with your girlfriend, do it. Maybe this is a sign you should, idk. But don't half-arse spending your life with someone.
casanova27
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So my girlfriend is great. We bought a house together and things are good. She was my first girlfriend however and I feel like I missed out on some stuff. We've been going out 4 years and I probably wasn't as good looking and certainly didn't get the attention I do now from other girls when out.

I was recently on holiday with friends and a girl put her number in my phone. Was just banter but thought I could get the lads hooked up with her friends another night while we were away but didn't materialise. Anyway I stupidly text this girl when we got home when bored and she seems quite into me and wants to meet up. She is extremely attractive (a 10... and I don't give them out easily!) and I'm finding it hard to say no. Would there be any harm in going to meet her for a drink? Let's say I just wanted to bang her to get it out my system and move on and probably end up marrying my current girlfriend. I don't want to break up with my girlfriend but part of me would quite enjoy being single again... but I'd miss her.

Of course it is not OK, but if she is as you said, 10/10 then who the f*****g care, just do it, God will forgive!
meenu89
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Imagine her doing the same thing to you in very similar circumstances? How would you feel?
Cactus_killer
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you want to be single do the kind thing and break up with your girlfriend. Don't waste her time, she could be out looking for someone who actually wants to spend the rest of their life with her.
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
And what happens if she finds out?
carrotstar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's not worth the guilt for you, or the pain for your girlfriend when she finds out. It sounds like you need some space if you're having second thoughts about your current girlfriend; perhaps some time away from one another would help reestablish your relationship, although you've not put yourself in the most flexible position by living together.
laurenlodge
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you wanna be single, be single. Better for your current gf in the long run, clearly.
ZombieTheWolf
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Haha, please don't marry this poor woman. Once a cheater, always a cheater.
Don't waste your time because she -will- (and I really hope she does if you marry) divorce and take everything.
If you're thinking of cheating, marriage is not for you. You just want to marry her because it's "what people do".
And don't you tell me how it's because you love her, you really don't.
Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

I feel sorry for your girlfriend, if you truly love her and want to marry her then you wouldn't sleep with this other girl. Sounds to me you are too immature to be in a relationship nevermind getting married, she deserves better than you.
username1801065
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you truly love your girlfriend, you won't cheat on her. That's the most terrible thing you could ever do to someone.
You flirting/ 'bantering' around and wanting to 'bang' is really cheating in a way itself
If your having second thoughts about your relationship, break up with your girlfriend - she deserves way better and someone who'll give her their all.
username1801065
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
idec but you're the reason why girls say men are trash
999tigger
Report 2 years ago

Why not ask your gf if she would mind? If so then you know you are doing something dodgy and its a risk you take. Tbh if you cant show her enough respect , then you arent the person for her and she deserves better.
Richard0328
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
if you aren't mature enough to be in a relationship then dont be in one.
the grown up thing to do is to appreciate what you have rather than wondering what you dont have.
phunky_fresh
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You bought a whole house together 😮😮 you want to sleep with someone to get it out of your system, realllly. You are probably going to miss out on the best relationship you'll ever have. If you're thinking like this I doubt anything will change your mind, let your girlfriend go.
Joel 96
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
if you really loved your girlfriend, you wouldn't even consider cheating. sounds like you're not ready for long-term commitment, OP.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (72)
32.29%
No I don't (105)
47.09%
I work during the holidays (46)
20.63%

Watched Threads