Npt512
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi I'm going into year 11 this in september 2017 and I'm really worried about this new spanish course. when i chose spanish i based it purely on my school's history with spanish - which has been great. what i forgot was that the spec was changing - the controlled assessment tasks were scrapped and the new specification is ridiculously tough - like the iGCSE version. to make matters worse, my teacher is horrific, so ive basically sat through a year of spanish learning nothing but the basic grammar. can someone please help me as to how to learn spanish quickly up to higher tier standard at home without the ripoff online courses that charge like £25 a month? I've been trying to use duolingo but it doesn't seem to be helping much. PLEASE HELP ME MANY THANKS!
username3312304
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi I got an A* in gcse Spanish and the best way to learn it is to just print out the Spanish specification for the examboard that you are doing as it includes a list of vocabulary which has ALL the possible words that they can use in the exam (reading and listening exams) and of course do past papers and listen to Spanish stuff sometimes If you have time which would improve your listening skills.
Good luck!
username3312304
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by y-star7)
Hi I got an A* in gcse Spanish and the best way to learn it is to just print out the Spanish specification for the examboard that you are doing as it includes a list of vocabulary which has ALL the possible words that they can use in the exam (reading and listening exams) and of course do past papers and listen to Spanish stuff sometimes If you have time which would improve your listening skills.
Good luck!
you should also make sure you learn the vocabulary and maybe try flashcards which has the Spanish word on one side and the English translation on the other side.
hope that helps.
yourgyalsmcm
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm going to year 11 as well but I got a level 9 in my spanish mock in eyar 10, which was taken from the specimen paper. We can revise or go through it together if you want
Npt512
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by CallMeSosa)
I'm going to year 11 as well but I got a level 9 in my spanish mock in eyar 10, which was taken from the specimen paper. We can revise or go through it together if you want
wow how did you do that! are you spanish? could you please tell how you did that?
0zzu
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Turn Spanish captions on when you watch movies. Make a blog on blogger.com and write as often as you can in Spanish. Use Duolingo, Memrise and other online tools. Print out the specification which has all the vocabulary. Whenever you're thinking about anything, try and see if you can think it in Spanish.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (206)
33.28%
No (413)
66.72%

Watched Threads