The Student Room Group

Abc to a*a*a*

Is it possible? I do maths(A), Chemistry(B) and physics(C)- considering I revised the day before for chemistry and physics and never really tried that hard for them. Chemistry and Physics are both linear so the grades don't count towards next year.
idk the answer to this since im only coming into sixth form in like a week but maybe instead of asking this, just start working!!!!!! i believe in u buddy
Reply 2
yea it is

but the disproportionately extra time you'll spend on physics (to boost it from a C) you might reduce from the subjects you already did good in so those might go down...

realistically I'd say A* A* A is possible with hard work but that doesn't mean you can't aim for a* in physics.

Spoiler

Original post by pastelsloth
idk the answer to this since im only coming into sixth form in like a week but maybe instead of asking this, just start working!!!!!! i believe in u buddy

eugh Tuesday - i'm dreading it!
Reply 4
Original post by medhelp
yea it is

but the disproportionately extra time you'll spend on physics (to boost it from a C) you might reduce from the subjects you already did good in so those might go down...

realistically I'd say A* A* A is possible with hard work but that doesn't mean you can't aim for a* in physics.

Spoiler

I've gotten A's in Physics a few times in class tests or mocks, its just the final mock I didnt really revise for and hence the C.
I would say aim for A*AA, you don't want to be disappointed on results day next year by setting goals you can't meet.
Reply 6
Original post by black1blade
I would say aim for A*AA, you don't want to be disappointed on results day next year by setting goals you can't meet.

How is A*A*A* unrealistic when I have the WHOLE year to revise.
Reply 7
Original post by Dabz64
How is A*A*A* unrealistic when I have the WHOLE year to revise.

That's provided you actually use the whole year to revise.
Original post by lmaooome
eugh Tuesday - i'm dreading it!

i go back on monday the 11th whaaa
Original post by Dabz64
Is it possible? I do maths(A), Chemistry(B) and physics(C)- considering I revised the day before for chemistry and physics and never really tried that hard for them. Chemistry and Physics are both linear so the grades don't count towards next year.

I don't think its possible

I think you could get a*a*b

at a stretch a*a*a

Basically because you got a C at physics AS, Im assuming your knowledge is somewhat lacking unless its a stupidly high C.
Reply 10
Original post by APersonYo
I don't think its possible

I think you could get a*a*b

at a stretch a*a*a

Basically because you got a C at physics AS, Im assuming your knowledge is somewhat lacking unless its a stupidly high C.

It was a high C(2marks off a B), not a low C.
Original post by Dabz64
It was a high C(2marks off a B), not a low C.

Okay so in theory you got ABB

I think with A*AA with lots of hard-work.

I know maths is hard but its not too hard to get an A* if you just do like 30 past papers for each module ( i did this)

So Maybe A*A*A? At a stretch...

Again only like 1 percent of people get A*A*A*

So you should accept its rare
i go back on monday the 11th whaaa

y is everyone going back so late wot is dis @ birmingham schools
Reply 13
A levels are not as simple as you think, especially the reformed science A levels. Even getting an A will be much harder than you think.
Reply 14
Original post by Desmos
A levels are not as simple as you think, especially the reformed science A levels. Even getting an A will be much harder than you think.

How much revision would you reccomend?
Original post by lmaooome
y is everyone going back so late wot is dis @ birmingham schools

our induction day for 6th form is on the 5th but we go back on the 11th, i already enrolled but i kinda might wanna change my options so idk if theyll let me on the 5th...hmmmm- but birmingham lool have fun on tuesday then :tongue:
our induction day for 6th form is on the 5th but we go back on the 11th, i already enrolled but i kinda might wanna change my options so idk if theyll let me on the 5th...hmmmm- but birmingham lool have fun on tuesday then :tongue:

yh same, i've been to my enrolment day lololol that was last week - the first week so starting from the 5th is the "induction week" smh rlly not looking forward to it.
y do you wanna change your options doe ?

Quick Reply

Latest