The Student Room Group

Made a complaint and I feel the one in trouble

Hi, so a week ago i made complaint about fellow staff member at work who assaulted me by punching me in the vagina!

Worst part is I didn't say anything at the time, as I must have been in shocked by it but when I got home and i started to cry and feel humiliated by the situation.
The next day I wasent in to till 5 but I was working with her again.
So I worked my self up and started panicking about work and what she mite do next ( she is seen as a bit of a bully at work) so I rang up the DM, crying and telling her I could not work as did not feel comfortable with what happened with her and she agreed and told me not to come in and we would have a meeting on my next shift.
So I told a work colleague about what had happened to me (by the way she is in her late 40s) I thought she would be shocked and want to support me but she told I was being dramatic and the women assaulted me does it to everyone at work and to her, it's a part off working there! I got upset and in anger I told her it could be police matter... But retract it and told her I would never do that.
A day later she had told everyone that I was going to police about it, then started having ago at me for trying to stick up for me..

also the woman who assaulted me handed in her notice the night she was told it was turning in to a investigation and then started telling everyone at work that she didn't see it as a big deal but she was being punished but others were getting away with far worse but we're not getting in trouble for it and the managers were out to get .

Some people at work talk to me but in distance way and others ignore me, I feel alone and angry.
I only had week to go till I went back to uni and i rocked the boat by this..
I feel gulity and a terrible person about what I have done to her by making complaint about it but at same time I feel upset by what she did, she's fuller timer and i come back for the holidays, a friend told me that they will probably not have me back at Christmas or Easter and wait for me to quit because I have caused to much trouble and That made me cry I have spent 2 years there no complaints and with no problem also I found out she's coming back to work they didn't want her to go..

Did I do the right thing?? Or is everyone right at work? I just feel like a terrible person eva way ...
Reply 1
You did the right thing. **** that woman, assault and abuse is never part of working somewhere.

Take it all the way.
Original post by Michae_L
You did the right thing. **** that woman, assault and abuse is never part of working somewhere.

Take it all the way.

This. Assault in the workplace is not right, that woman got what she deserved.
Would rep but I can't on the app.
If she does it to everyone what's the problem? I've been "sacked" (jokingly punched in the balls) by friends, class mates and colleagues since the age of thirteen, it's no big deal, do it back if you want.
Reply 4
Original post by Hellpme

So I told a work colleague about what had happened to me (by the way she is in her late 40s) I thought she would be shocked and want to support me but she told I was being dramatic and the women assaulted me does it to everyone at work and to her, it's a part off working there!
Did I do the right thing?? Or is everyone right at work? I just feel like a terrible person eva way ...

Per the bit in bold, you have stopped everyone else working there having to suffer the same as you, and even if the atmosphere has changed because of it, it doesn't matter cause you're going away within a week. Win win situation :smile:

Original post by SomeWelshGuy123
If she does it to everyone what's the problem? I've been "sacked" (jokingly punched in the balls) by friends, class mates and colleagues since the age of thirteen, it's no big deal, do it back if you want.

Good luck having kids :lol:

Seriously though, I'd put up with it from a friend, but not by some randomer or person I didn't like...

Quick Reply