The Student Room Group

A-levels or BTEC

Hi, I'm currently deciding what to do next year in college whether it be A levels or BTEC. My chosen A-levels courses include: Biology, Chemistry and Psychology. And if I was to do a BTEC I would choose Applied science level 3. My question is because I want to do something science related as a job or degree which would be more beneficial to me and would universities accept me with BTEC aswell as A-levels?
I would say if the university for that particular degree has a preference for a certain A level or BTEC then I'd say do that A level/BTEC because you are more likely to get into that uni or it will be useful knowledge. Pick ones you like and will do your best in. Don't just pick A levels because it's more "respected". 2 years ain't little. Good luck:smile:
BTEC definitely. I did A levels, trust me you'll say to yourself constantly throughout the year "I wish I did a BTEC"
Reply 3
BTEC
Reply 4
Original post by PhoebeM99
BTEC definitely. I did A levels, trust me you'll say to yourself constantly throughout the year "I wish I did a BTEC"

With A-level Biology and Chemistry, would you learn the same content in BTEC Applied science level 3?
Original post by gemma201221
With A-level Biology and Chemistry, would you learn the same content in BTEC Applied science level 3?

Honestly I'm not sure, but I can imagine you study similar content.
Reply 6
A-levels I would say, it just opens more options to you
A-levels, doing BTEC is very restricting.

Quick Reply

Latest