Stahir
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
My driving test is at 11:11am this friday (8th September) and I just wanted to know if this is a good time to take my test? My instructor said this was a risk because the examiner could literally take me anywhere, so I was wondering where are the typical places I would be asked to drive to??

Thanks!
Basiil17
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Stahir)
My driving test is at 11:11am this friday (8th September) and I just wanted to know if this is a good time to take my test? My instructor said this was a risk because the examiner could literally take me anywhere, so I was wondering where are the typical places I would be asked to drive to??

Thanks!
We can't tell you, please remember TSR is used in the UK and abroad, so if we don't know where you are, we can't assist.
RoyalSheepy
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Thanks!
Hi there,

There are no set routes, and the examiner would take you anywhere they wanted to. They usually take you on busy roads to see how you tackle real life situations as well as dual carriageways.

Just tagging AngryJellyfish to get this moved to Cars and motoring.
Juno
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Thanks!
But they can always "literally take you anywhere". Taking the test at 11:11 does not make that any more likely than if you took the test at 8:11.
username1753569
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Even if we do know where you are, driving examiners don't tend to recycle set routes, they decide as they go round the route, depending on traffic etc (or at least mine said he did) So think of a circular perimiter of about 5 miles ish all the way around the test centre.
They're likely to take you to a few roundabouts, busy streets with traffic lights and stop and start you a few times, make sure you indicate only if someone is behind you
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by slowdive)
make sure you indicate only if someone is behind you
You're having a laugh, aren't you..?
RoyalSheepy
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
You're having a laugh, aren't you..?
PRSOM :rofl:

Spoiler:
Show

And if you indicate, I presume that's a test fail??? :rofl3:
eleanorTSR
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
11:11 make a wish
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by RoyalSheepy)
PRSOM :rofl:

Spoiler:
Show

And if you indicate, I presume that's a test fail??? :rofl3:

Depends if you're driving a BMW or not
dickwhittington
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
Depends if you're driving a BMW or not
BMWs have their own test, you need at least 15 minors and 5 serious to pass
you can substitute 2 serious for one dangerous though
i.e 15 minors 2 dangerous and a serious or 15 minors a dangerous and 3 serious

On topic, each centre generally has about 20 set routes that they can use. you might get certain routes at certain times of day depending on traffic but the examiner can't just go where they please I don't think
The point of learning to drive though is that you can tackle anything thrown at you so this shouldn't be an issue unless there are particularly nasty junctions where you live. And yes. although technically you only need to indicate to show intentions to other road users (a bit pointless if no one else is around) its best to indicate your intentions no matter what else is going on. One less thing to think about and playing it safe is the way to go
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (94)
13.78%
I'm not sure (32)
4.69%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (214)
31.38%
I have already dropped out (16)
2.35%
I'm not a current university student (326)
47.8%

Watched Threads