The Student Room Group

Criminal record

I have a criminal record for drink driving. Can i still apply for army?
Have a look on their site yourself? It'll tell you the requirements, but it probably would let you in as they're always wanting people to join.

Original post by Kabindra
Original post by Kabindra

You will have to speak in person to the AFCO. They will be able to give you a rough idea (ie if you were convicted yesterday, almost certainly not), but chances are you will have to make an application, and then at some point in the process, a decision will be made based on the specific circumstances of your conviction. it's usually considered on a case by case basis.
Reply 3
You most likely will be able to, however exactly when depends on currenty regulations and when you were convicted. Just make sure you are up front about it when you visit the AFCO.
Reply 4
Depending on when you were convicted, the punishment you were given and the corresponding rehabilitation time for your punishment, for something relatively minor like drink driving I don't think you'll have a massive problem. Check on here https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/299916/rehabilitation-of-offenders-guidance.pdf

Quick Reply

Latest