6th form organisation folders

Watch this thread
alaamohamed
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
How should I organise my folders
username2488767
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by alaamohamed)
How should I organise my folders
It's totally up to you and the subjects you're taking.

When I was doing my A Levels, I had 4 folders. One for each subject (split using dividers into individual topics) that I kept at home, and one that I took to college. The one at college was where I kept my notes that I took in class and needed. I had 3 dividers in this folder (one for each subject) and put all class notes in the relevant section. When we'd finish a topic in class, I'd take my class notes out and put them in the relevant folder at home instead. This meant that I always had the notes that I needed without bringing 3 folders in every day.

However, it doesn't always work. My friend took sciences and maths and she wasn't told what topic they'd be working on that day so she couldn't bring in what she needed as what she needed was potentially anything that they'd covered so far.
shawg3681
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
one per subject topic at home but also have a day folder with all subjects in a divider system. Unload all work into reserve folders each week
StevetheIcecube
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I have a ringbinder for each subject, organised into topics, a lever arch folder for revision notes, and then a small folder with wallets that I take into college every day. Each folder is sorted by topic, and my notes are chronological, with the corresponding sheets included in there, and any marked written work is in reverse chronological order. I have very note-taking heavy subjects, but I usually only do any filing once every half term.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (9)
45%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (5)
25%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
10%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (0)
0%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (0)
0%
I’m starting to consider my university options (3)
15%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
5%

Watched Threads